“First Class Experience”
Review of ZaZa's Cucina

ZaZa's Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
ZaZa's Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hospitality; it is what drives us at ZaZa's Cucina. We provide our patrons the complete dining experience by delivering excellent food, attentive service, and fine wine in an elegantly designed space. Chef and Entrepreneur, Curtis Radcliffe, combines his practical knowledge gained through years of experience in the hospitality industry and his training at the Culinary Institute of America to redefine the dining experience at ZaZa's Cucina. Curtis has led several kitchens as Executive Chef in the finger lakes region, including a Fortune 500 company. He brings passion, consistency and experience to the new ZaZa's. Curtis strives to utilize the best local and regional products, along with the finest imported ingredients available.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stopped to enjoy a drink and something light to eat. This is the second time we experienced the high level of service from Mike the bartender. He remembered the wine I liked and served my husband a manhatten in a square glass with a large square ice cube,
we ordered the Ahi Tuna appitizer and the Calamari both with unusual but supurb sauces. Now it's going to be really hard to drive by without stopping. We had a great time.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We are repeat customers and really enjoy it here. I usually get the Pennette with Spicy Sausage and Gorganzola or the strip steak. I've always had good luck with these dishes. Some of the other pasta dishes are very tasty but the portions are quite small. Salads are great the Lobster Bisque (ususally a special) and Mushroom Polenta appetizer is delicious.

I do think the menu is way too big and when I've ordered other things in the past like Seafood Risotto it wasn't the greatest. I feel sorry for any chef or waitstaff who would have to know that menu. BTW I've wanting to say this for a long time... I hate the plastic chairs, not exactly a fine dining feel but not a deal breaker.

Our kids love it here, good choices and large servings. If our kids are happy we're happy!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good food, but some people I was with did not think so. Small portions and expensive. Nice decor. It is never very busy when I have been there. Not sure why.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Very nice Italian restaurant. The food was quite good and the service was great. Good value for the money. The terrific atmosphere and ambiance only add to the experience!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Felt like spaghetti and meat balls so that's what I ordered. Very good and the sauce was just the way I like it. Had pumpkin cheesecake for dessert and chianti for our wine choice.