“Decent food, bar atmosphere!”

Glenwood Pines Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vienna, VA
“Decent food, bar atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a rustic, locals bar and restaurant. It's a bit of the way out of town but the burgers are good and so is the beer. Took my daughter and her roommates here. Our party of five all ordered Pinesburgers and they were excellent. Good fries too. Next time I'll try the fish sandwich or maybe the fish fry.

• Visited February 2014

Ithaca, New York
“Consistently good food and pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place is a local institution; been around as long as I can remember. If you want either a delicious big hamburger with fries or the best fried fish sandwich in town - this is your spot. Also - some good local beer and a friendly bar. The servers are nice too and bonus is a view of Cayuga Lake; it is only minutes from Ithaca and Taughannock Falls State Park

• Visited February 2014
new york
“The Famous Pine Burger Is The Best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We love this place. Its on the smaller side and nothing fancy. The prices are very good and food is plentiful. It gets packed! Sometimes you have a hard time parking...but there is plenty of parking available. There is a lot downbelow the upper lot for additional parking but you'll have to walk up a hill or up a set of stairs to get to restaurant. I would drop off elderly or infants and then go park down in lower lot if your forced to use it. There is a bar and tables in the "front" of the restaurant and additonal seating in the back. I have never tried anything else except their pine burger which is their claim to fame since I've been going there on and off now 4 years. That burger is just so good in my opinion, that me or my partner can never seem to order anything else off the menu....it looks good....but we're dye hard burger fans. We have had the desert on several occasions which was very, very good...but usually your to full from the meal. Sometimes its so packed in there you have to wait for a seat and a little longer to get your food...thats why I gave it a 4 instead of 5 rating.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte,NC
“Good, great atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

A nice spot, seemed like a lot of local patrons, was a bit noisy, but overall nice atmosphere. The staff were really nice and very attentive. Great view of the lake. I got the shrimp and fries basket, $9.95, I thought that was a little over priced after getting the portions, but it was good, so no complaint there. My sister got a restaurant special Bloody Mary that she said was delicious. My daughter got a salmon burger that she also loved. There is a bar area adjacent to the dining area, it has video games and a pool table.

• Visited December 2013
Ithaca, New York
“Good service during lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Pines is good place to eat for lunch for the reason that they offer good service and good food for a reasonable price. I ordered the fresh haddock fish fry and the pinesburger. There was only one wait staff for lunch, but she was very friendly. My food took less than ten minutes to arrive, and it came out fresh and hot. The proportions of the food was worth every dollar. I even had leftovers to take home since I was getting full. Although, the place is kind of small. Half the restaurant consist of the bar area and the other half is dedicated for diners. Overall, they had outstanding food and I defiantly go there again.

• Visited October 2013