“A great dinner in a wonderful setting - indoors or outdoors”
Review of Mahogany Grill

Mahogany Grill
Ranked #5 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Rochester, New York
1,980 restaurant reviews
“A great dinner in a wonderful setting - indoors or outdoors”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was another restaurant that I had never visited, although we did look it up on this website the night before, and we checked out the menu ahead of time. The restaurant is as advertised, which is extremely nice inside. The interior is dark wood (mahogany?), with lots of antique doo-dads decorating the walls and shelves. Service is right on top of things as soon as you are seated, and they are very prompt about getting you beverages and hot (very hot!) bread. They also bring out a wonderful dipping sauce for your bread, which is a tomato-spiced olive oil combination that is hard to turn down. (Good stuff!)

For dinner, my wife ordered a seafood stew that was laced with shrimp, mussels, crab, and scallops, all of which was soaked in a tomato-based broth that they poured over the seafood right at the table. She loved it. I wasn't nearly as hungry, so I had a crab cake sandwich with cole slaw. My dish was also vey good, although I must admit that I was so full already that I had a hard time going through much of my dinner...no fault of the restaurants. (My wife and daughter climbed a mountain before dinner, and had thus worked up an appetite. I sat at the bottom of the mountain and watched them!) Nonetheless, my crab cake was still very tasty and well-spiced.

Our service throughout this meal was once again fabulous, as was every part of the dining experience. I would love to return to this great restaurant.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A wonderful dinning experience with a cozy feel”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our entire dinning experience was wonderful. The drinks, the appetizers, and the meals were wonderful. Our waitress was so knowledgeable about the menu, cocktails, and wines. All four of our meals were cooked perfectly and served in a timely manner. To add an even more personal touch the owner stopped by our table and asked about our dinning experience. We had a wonderful experience and great service.

Lodi, New York
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

If you're looking for an exceptional meal with top-notch service, Mahogany Grill is the place to go! Not only are they dedicated to local and seasonal offerings, including the awesome Schrader Farms meat products, they also have one of the best local wine lists in the area featuring some of the best producers. In addition, the staff at Mahogany is extremely well trained. Definitely try one of the steaks!

• Visited May 2014
“Absolutely divine. Every single time.”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've been going to Mahogany Grill for a few years- not sure what happened, but it's gone from a 6 to a 10. It's now my default because I know regardless of what kind of day I had, I can go get a sumptuous meal from incredibly friendly and inviting staff and know I will have available to me an incredible selection of local beer, wine, and spirits from educated servers. In short, amazing.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Met a friend at Mahogany Grill for appetizers recently, and couldn't have had a better time. The food was some of the best I've had in recent memory, the service was beyond stellar, and the atmosphere kept us there much longer than we had planned to stay. Will be back for sure.

• Visited April 2014