“Absolutely divine. Every single time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mahogany Grill

Mahogany Grill
Ranked #5 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Absolutely divine. Every single time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've been going to Mahogany Grill for a few years- not sure what happened, but it's gone from a 6 to a 10. It's now my default because I know regardless of what kind of day I had, I can go get a sumptuous meal from incredibly friendly and inviting staff and know I will have available to me an incredible selection of local beer, wine, and spirits from educated servers. In short, amazing.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Met a friend at Mahogany Grill for appetizers recently, and couldn't have had a better time. The food was some of the best I've had in recent memory, the service was beyond stellar, and the atmosphere kept us there much longer than we had planned to stay. Will be back for sure.

• Visited April 2014
Rochester, New York
“4 Star Versatile Ithaca Winner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Was not sure if we were going to head here or Just a Taste but given the latter had a wait of over one hour (and we got their early - once we smelled the food we knew why it was so crowded), the Mahogany became the restaurant of choice. And it was definitely a good choice! Kudos to the friendly waiter who made good banter, explained the menu in detail and offered helpful suggestions. Starting with the Ravines Dry Riesling (award winner from Great Lakes), knew this would be a good meal (note wine prices are a bit high, as are some entrees). The tomato and garlic dipping sauce for the bread was awesome, would suggest they find a way to bottle this and market it regionally. Wedge salad was very fresh and tasty. Chicken sandwich had lots and lots of fresh toppings - was good but a bit less memorable. Good bar scene, ample television, fun place - recommended but watch the pricy items

1 Thank traveltime841
Schenectady, NY
“Excellent food, service, value and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I were in Ithaca for a wine tasting trip and wanted to have a good steak dinner. Based on other reviews, we chose Mahogany Grill even though the other top-rated steakhouse was within walking distance of our hotel. Overall, we were not disappointed with our choice.
We visited on a Friday night, and had made a 7 pm reservation earlier in the week. We were promptly seated with no wait at all. The service was excellent. Our water glasses were kept filled and our used food plates were promptly removed.
We started with the salads which were cold and crisp. Our dinner selections were both cooked exactly as ordered. We had ordered the mashed potato and asparagus as side dishes to share. The asparagus portion was just right for two people. The potatoes would have fed at least 3 if not 4. We also had dessert - a coconut chocolate mousse which was delicious.
The only negative comment I can make is that the restaurant is noisy, so don't go planning a quiet, romantic evening. Also, I wouldn't say we were rushed but each course was served promptly, with little time between salad, entree and dessert. Both of these, if you're aware of them, shouldn't take away from the dining experience at the Mahogany Grill. Overall, it was excellent

1 Thank BLeon1227
Corning, New York
“Simply the best restaurant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

As the title indicates this was the best restaurant experience I've ever had. The atmosphere was out standing. The food was fresh and delicious.

• Visited April 2014