“Excellent Lobster Bisque”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Acton, Massachusetts
“Excellent Lobster Bisque”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I were in Ithaca for a college softball event and were looking for a place for lunch. I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor and thanks to all my fellow reviewers for pointing me to this gem. The atmosphere is wood – lots of wood paneling but for lunch it was not dark – plenty of light coming in through the big picture windows. Our cups of Lobster Bisque were excellent. Our sandwiches, the Rubin and the French Dip were both very good served with sweet potato fries. Service was fast and friendly both at the table and at the door. If you are looking for nice lunch in Ithaca, I’m with my fellow Tripadvior contributors - the Mahogany Grill is very good.

• Visited May 2013

Reading, Pennsylvania
“bacon!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Bacon bloody Mary? YES PLEASE! Great mahogany burger too! Nice atmosphere and great bartending staff.

Visited May 2013
Winchester, Massachusetts
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

we were visiting cornell, and our concierge recommended mahogany for our family of 4 (including a 17 year old and 10 year old). i had the sea bass with glass noodles and greens. it was so tasty and wonderful. my husband had the beef tornado that was really good, and my older son ordered the stuffed pork chops, while my younger son ordered the mac n' cheese (yummy). service was also great/attentive. would recommend as great food especially for families and/or a casual night out.

• Visited April 2013
Ithaca, New York
“Excellent food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice in the last few weeks, and had excellent meals both times. The first time we both got hamburgers, which were all you could ask for in a burger. We went there again to eat on Friday, April 5th, the 10th anniversary of the day we met. I had the filet mignon, rare, which was tender and perfectly cooked - and I am very fussy about my beef. My husband got the sirloin, which he thought was great. As an appetizer we split a shrimp on bruschetta with capers, with a lovely sauce: delicious. The wine was good, the bill reasonable, the service satisfactory but not outstanding.

• Visited April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“great service, disappointing food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The service was excellent, but the food was lacking in quality especially given that the prices are higher than average. Our French onion soup was cold and had to be reheated, and the salads were not appealing. In fact, they forgot the calamari in the calamari salad!

• Visited March 2013