“Great Food”

Ranked #6 of 269 Restaurants in Ithaca
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

we were visiting cornell, and our concierge recommended mahogany for our family of 4 (including a 17 year old and 10 year old). i had the sea bass with glass noodles and greens. it was so tasty and wonderful. my husband had the beef tornado that was really good, and my older son ordered the stuffed pork chops, while my younger son ordered the mac n' cheese (yummy). service was also great/attentive. would recommend as great food especially for families and/or a casual night out.

There are newer reviews for Mahogany Grill

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice in the last few weeks, and had excellent meals both times. The first time we both got hamburgers, which were all you could ask for in a burger. We went there again to eat on Friday, April 5th, the 10th anniversary of the day we met. I had the filet mignon, rare, which was tender and perfectly cooked - and I am very fussy about my beef. My husband got the sirloin, which he thought was great. As an appetizer we split a shrimp on bruschetta with capers, with a lovely sauce: delicious. The wine was good, the bill reasonable, the service satisfactory but not outstanding.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The service was excellent, but the food was lacking in quality especially given that the prices are higher than average. Our French onion soup was cold and had to be reheated, and the salads were not appealing. In fact, they forgot the calamari in the calamari salad!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The prices were just higher than the quality of the food. Not that the food was bad, but we don't like to pay $16 for mac and cheese. The waitress was not particularly attentive.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we go to Ithaca, the Mahogany Grill is always on our list of must-stops. We have never been disappointed. Whether we're their for just a quick drink at the bar or a full meal we have always had wonderful service, great food and great drinks. The atmosphere is classy but not snobby!