“Friendly and Welcoming”

Ranked #6 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were just in town and wanted a local place for a nice lunch. This hit the spot. Lots of local character and the food was very good. Loved the locally brewed beer too! Very attentive service.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Wide choice of dishes with fresh produce. Fast, efficient service.Main reason for eating here is to watch some kind fo sport on various screens........we were not disappointed.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

Not too loud, great ambience, and nice selection of apps, salads, burgers, + sandwiches. Very pleasant place for a summer Saturday lunch (outdoor seating available, too).

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I wish I'd looked at Trip Advisor reviews before going here, but we were desperate to eat, and the menu looked possible.

We requested no cheese on three of the sandwiches we ordered. My daughter's grilled chicken sandwich was served with cheese. We pointed it out, and our server returned it to the kitchen. When the sandwich came back, we didn't notice right away that the cheese had merely been scraped off (that's because they flipped the chicken over so we wouldn't see the remaining bits). My daughter has a dairy allergy and ended up having a reaction after we left the restaurant. We were not impressed!

From what I heard, the burgers were enjoyed by those who ordered them. I had the pulled pork sandwich, and felt it lying heavy in my stomach afterward - quite sickening, actually. Perhaps there's too much mayo in the coleslaw, or perhaps coleslaw doesn't belong on a sandwich...?

The sweet potato fries were the best part of our order; in fact, yummy.

Our server (Chris) didn't seem to enjoy his job very much.

1  Thank writeonOntario
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful meal at Mahogany! Our simple cocktails were well made (many restaurants only give you a hint of alcohol.....Mahogany served a real drink). The shrimp in the shrimp coctail were large, sweet, and perfectly cooked. Our dinners were both tenderloin medallions oscar -- the beef was closer to medium rare than medium, but was tasty none the less. The asparagus was grilled (or maybe roasted...not sure) and added a nice flavor to the dish. The creamed corn had quite a spicy kick to it. Dessert was cheesecake for my husband, and chocolate-peanut butter pie for me.....both were quite rich, but delicious. Our server was fabulous, friendly, and attentive. She did forget to bring us our bread, but that's OK with us because we often don't even eat it. Maybe the server was a mind reader and just KNEW we wouldn't want it!)

We thoroughly enjoyed our outdoor seating with all the people-watching, and would recommend this restaurant!