“Awesome Food and Great Atmosphere!”

Carriage House Cafe
Ranked #35 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 29, 2012

11 of us went here for breakfast the day after the Brewers Festival in Sept. 2011. The wait was about 15-20 minutes, but with 11 people, we expected that. We did have to sit in groups and not all together, no big deal at all. The food was out of this world awesome. I had the brioche french toast and it was amazing. I dont recall what everyone else had, but, they all said their meals were amazing.

I will absolutely be back to this place next time I'm up in the Ithaca area.

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My personal breakfast room if I'm gonna have breakfast. True, I rarely go out for breakfast at at all. Christian's Carriage House"cafe'" makes breakfast a pleasant event whenever I do... Great job!

1  Thank Caspersfarm
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were up and about early and we were lucky enough to get an immediate table for 5 at about 9:30. I suspect we normally might have had a wait though. Both the food and coffee were excellent. Atmosphere and service were both very nice- the staff was busy but accommodating and helpful. The breakfast items were really well prepared and different enough from standard fare to be memorable. A little busy as opposed to quiet, but a relaxing meal nonetheless.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a great place for brunch on Sunday morning, but you'd better get there early and wait for them to open if you want to be seated without a 45-60 minute wait! We got there at 8:45 and that was perfect. We got seated as soon as they opened and the service was prompt and friendly. They have a great local menu with plenty of choices for everyone, from savory to sweet. I had the brioche french toast with berry compote and maple syrup. The french toast was delicious, but I would have liked to have the choice of maple syrup only...after all, we are in maple syrup country! I also ordered a side of sausage. It is locally made of bison! It seemed overseasoned to me...too much pepper to really be enjoyable, but my daughter had some and loved it. the coffee comes in huge mugs and is made just like it is at a coffee shop. but beware...refills are extra! There is a waiting area upstairs, so if you do have to wait, you'll at least be in out of the weather.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very close to Cornell, this place was busy both times we visited, but it's well worth the wait. The food is fantastic here and service is quick and friendly.