“Sammy's Okay”

Cuisines: Pizza
Albany, New York
“Sammy's Okay”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Sammy's was ok. It wasn't phenomenal pizza, just average. The antipasto salad was average too. The crust was very good but the flavor of the pizza over all was average. They gave us three very small garlic knots.The wings were good. The staff was very nice. The shop has some booths outside and inside. It is extremely casual. This is a fine place to take young kids or to grab a slice for a quick bite. You can get some good pizza meal deals here with wings. They have quite an extensive calzone menu which may be the thing to try if I go back. They offer dinner and desserts and are open late.

• Visited September 2013

Parkland, Florida
“Delicious Pizza Pie”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We needed pizza delivered to our hotel so we tried Sammy's. It came in the time frame they promised and it was hot and delicious. The prices were right.

Visited May 2013
Oswego, New York
“Best pizza in a long time”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The sign outside this restaurants says "The best pizza in Ithaca". Bold words, but after having a few slices there I would have to say that it could be true! It's certainly the best pizza I've had outside of NYC. The crust makes or breaks a pizza, and this crust is outstanding. A thin crust that has a satisfying crackle when you bite into it, and the dough itself is tasty, not bland. I had the chicken pesto and my husband had the buffalo chicken. The toppings were great. There were quite a few varieties of pizzas and if we lived closer we'd be trying them all. The restaurant itself is a typical pizza joint- nothing special- but who needs that when you are eating an excellent pie.

• Visited November 2012
Doral, Florida
“Still my favorite Ithaca Pizza”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I lived in Ithaca for a short time 6 years ago and this was my favorite pizza in Ithaca. I stopped back in when I was in town for a wedding last week and it is still great pizza. The place used to be run down a little bit and it has definatly been updated. The pizza has a good flavor and I would recommend it to anyone. They are also open very late and it is a great late night snack!

Visited July 2012
Sandusky, Ohio
“Not very good”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Maybe summer is a bad time for this restaurant. We saw several places that said this was the best pizza in town. We ordered the baked ziti and BBQ chicken pizza. We couldn't finish either one. The pizza was very dry and the ziti had no flavor. Some garlic knots were included. They basically were some burnt pieces of dough with garlic salt sprinkled on top. Maybe next time we're in town we will try again.

• Visited July 2012