“Fun for kids”

Plum Tree Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #161 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I took my granddaughter here for her first sushi. She loved the lunch in a botu box. I enjoy the fresh food, good service, and very reasonable prices. Best Japanese restaurant in Ithaca!

1  Thank Janice R

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice Japanese menu with many options available other than just sushi. I ordered the Tempura Battered Chicken and Vegetables. It was very flavorful with a generous portion. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a bit boring and could use some renovation. But the main downside to the evening was the poor service. Our waitress seemed like it was her first night. She dropped several items on our table including a chopstick that flew across at one of my friends on her dress. She was quite forgetful, and then when we asked to split the check, she responded that it was not allowed.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I was amazed at the variety - I could get things at Plum Tree I hadn't had since my last trip to Japan - but I paid less in Japan for the same food and it was higher quality! Gyoza was less than stellar and they over charged me, ($11 meal suddenly cost me $15 w/o tip??? What the heck! Had I looked at the reciept right then instead of twenty minutes after leaving the restraunant with friends I would have raised Hell). Bottom line: If you're desperate and you're in collegetown I might suggest it, otherwise, positively run somewhere else.

Reviewed September 25, 2009

My husband and I grabbed lunch at Plum Tree last Friday. For $10 you get chicken, rice, a small salad, california rolls, and a handful of other goodies. It's a lot of variety for a great price and good quality.

3  Thank happyditz77
Reviewed July 16, 2009

We love sushi, and try to have it as often as possible, Plum Tree has wonderful sushi, and a great variety. Their tempura is also excellent, not greasy at all.
Great service, and it is always fun to watch the sushi chefs.

3  Thank looking4aname