“Don't leave without trying Mole!”

Viva Taqueria & Cantina
Ranked #21 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Baldwinsville
“Don't leave without trying Mole!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I had mole for the first time and it was excellent!!! Mole-almonds, sesame seeds puréed with chiles, tomatoes, chocolate and raisins. A little spicy a whole lot of delicious!! Excellent food!

1 Thank Virkler

Cortland, New York
“The best of Ithaca”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is one of the best restaurants in Ithaca in my opinion. Their food is fresh, delicious, and healthy. I especially love their guacamole. They also have the best sangria I have ever tasted and a nice beer selection. I loved the atmosphere and the decor. There is usually a bit of a wait, but it is totally worth it. I love eating here. This place is great.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Margo T
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We ordered the vegan nachos as an appetizer, they were absolutely amazing! Honestly, they were the best we have ever had. I ordered the vegan burrito with a side of rice-it was big enough for two meals. My companion ordered a steak burrito, he loved it! We WILL be back. As I write this, I am missing the food, it's even what we talked about on the way home. We wish there was a healthy Mexican food restaurant around us!!

1 Thank Ballygally18
Livonia, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food right by the Theater”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

Had a fine burrito just a short walk away from the show at the State Theater. The place was packed and for good reason. Very tasty food and reasonable prices.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jim P
Latham, New York
“Great Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

My family and I ate at Viva Taqueria on Sunday, February 1st. We chose this restaurant based on reviews from Trip advisor. Three of us are gluten-free and one of us is vegetarian, so it can be difficult for us to find a restaurant that works for us. This restaurant was very good. According to their menu, they use a lot of local produce in their dishes. In addition, they offer many of the dishes on regionally made corn tortillas, which made it easy for us to find food that we could eat.
Everybody liked their food. The service was good, and the prices were also reasonable. I would definitely eat at this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2014