“As Mexican as you get in Ithaca!”

Viva Taqueria & Cantina
Ranked #21 of 272 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Coming from California we found several things that were lacking in a Mexican restaurant, but the food here is great, We sat outside, but could see that the decor was really nice inside as well. Recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wife and I were in downtown Ithaca last week, and were looking for lunch. We decided on Viva, and sat inside due to the winds that day. Service was prompt and friendly as usual. We both had burritos.....I had the super smothered burrito, which was great, as always. Viva always seems to be a safe bet for a good meal in downtown Ithaca.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I really enjoy the food here but the service and the crowded space is not my favorite so i tend to order out except for summer time when I can sit outside and enioy the fresh air. my favorite item is the chicken taco salad so yummy!!! This is also a great place go if you are a vegetarian. Do not expect real mexican food though this is more gourmet style food. the margaritas ar excellent as well.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have been to Viva Taqueria several times and have always had a tasty meal here. Am a fan of mole sauce, but in moderation. Viva is flexible and even will serve it on the side. Great margaritas too. There are some booths which offer a little privacy, but also a long line of seating that give you the feeling you are eating at a large table with several people....if you like that kind of thing.....not me, but others might enjoy the social aspect and not mind a bit more noise than other places. I can't say that the staff has always been as friendly as they could be...or as attentive as I would want.....but the food is good and access to Ithaca Commons is a lot of fun. Definitely check it out.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

After being seated in a booth by the window by our fave hostess, Megan, the waitress (whose name I did not catch) was quick with our drinks and appetizer. Since it was happy hour, I ordered the delicious Sangria and my husband chose one of many craft drafts available. It was nice to people watch as we ate our Chorizo Fundido, It had just the right amount of spice for me, my husband jazzed his up with the hot sauce on the table. We both had an Enchilida, Ranchero for me and Tomatillo for him.
Just the right amount of food, service was great. We love this place!