“Average”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have eaten here several times over the years and while it's not awful I find many of the entrees to be overly and heavily sauced and perhaps a bit dated. I don't think they've ever changed the menu, I've lived here for 25 years. Time to refresh.

Thai Cuisine has always been a favorite with the older academic crowd but if given the choice I go to the Commons for Thai food.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I were actually looking for another Thai restaurant, but couldn't find it, so we tried Thai Cuisine instead. The pad thai and green seafood curry were very good, with nice spice and portions. The massaman curry is probably the best I've ever had. It is a little pricey compared to my favorite Thai place in Ithaca, but not outrageous. Thai cuisine also has a very large menu, so I'd be tempted to try some other, less familiar dishes the next time we go back.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

All four dishes ordered were very good, prices for mains/entrees ranged in the 10-14, more for certain sea food and specials like whole fish. We did not have alcohol or desert. Both appetizers (mussels and fish cakes) were plentiful and very good.

To top it off, the service was really good. The lady who served us was full of smiles, timing her visits perfectly to take the drinks/food orders, water refills, etc. She helped us with tips for sightseeing as well.

This resturaunt is a must visit.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went for lunch. There is casual seating on a glass covered patio for lunch, and there is also finer seating with tablecloths, on the inside, I would suspect more for the dinner crowd. There was a nice lunch menu, reasonably priced which included a soup or salad. My hot and sour soup was very good, a little bit spicy. We ordered spring rolls. Two of the four of us liked them. They were very different in flavor than any other spring roll we had tried, more heavy and fishy tasting. We needed two orders for four people. I got shrimp Pad See-Ew which was very nicely cooked. It was fresh and had the perfect amount of sauce, texture and flavor. No complaints there. Another in my party got Pad Kee-Mau. He was pleased. The other two in my party got Currie dishes, one chicken and one beef. They both thought the Currie was excellent. The price and food was good. I think $7.95 for lunch entrees. Dinner atmosphere would be nicer indoors, as the sun was a little bright on the patio in the afternoon. The service was not great. Our water glasses were not filled regularly, and our dirty appetizer and salad/soup plates were left on the table until the entree' came out. There was an error in one order with the meat, which was corrected. Overall we would go back. The food was very good.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Menu is easy to read and to choose from with pictures. Food is decilious, portion is good. Price is reasonable. Inside decoration is comfortable. Table is little small.