“Great food awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Madeline's

Madeline's
Ranked #48 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: European, Asian, American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Madeline's is a Modern Asian fusion restaurant with a fun, contemporary vibe. Featuring award winning desserts and voted - Top NY State Romantic Eatery. At Madeline's, our unique approach to Euro-Asian Fusion cuisine results in a simplified elegance through distinctive and high quality ingredient combinations. In the bar, our specially trained mixologists have created an extensive list of eclectic and innovative hand-mixed cocktails, as well as an accessible wine and beer list that boasts the best of our regional wineries and breweries. Are you a Scotch lover? With over 50 to choose from, our well-educated bar and service staff can guide you to your traditional favorite, or a new experience. No trip to Madeline's would be complete without a visit to our DESSERT CASE. Continuously on the "Best of Ithaca" list for best desserts, Madeline's Owner and Executive Pastry Chef, Teresa Miller, will engage your senses with luxurious and mouthwatering indulgences made from the finest ingredients. Enjoy a casual cocktail on our seasonal outdoor patio, host your celebratory event with us, or join us for drink specials during our weekly Jazz Nights held every Thursday. We have live performances after dinner by 13 Degrees, featuring contemporary jazz. Come in and let our experienced chefs show you why Madeline's is one of the best restaurants in Ithaca. Our reputation precedes us, so reservations are recommended.
Ithaca, NY
“Great food awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

Three of us went there at 9:25 PM and felt most un-welcomed. The server was rude and not warm. Ambience is great. Food was really really good - very well presented and tasted exceptional - however, it took 40 minutes to get to us!!!

Go there only if you have time on your hands and don't mind snooty servers..
'Just a Taste' down the street is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better value for money

ithaca
“this is where i would have my last meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

Ive been to Madelines on many occasions and have loved everything ive. been served. Great place to take a prospective date, business parter, and your family, especially if your trying to impress them :) always always always leave room for dessert!

albany, ny
“Group of 20-Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

We just had a wonderful dinner prior to my daughter's senior music recital @ Ithaca College. I can't tell you how many comments I received on how fabulous the food was and the service was helpful and delightful! My whole group had a wonderful experience and visit with each other.
I encourage people to choose to dine with here. I'm so happy we chose this restaurant. We selected the duck, shrimp, tuna and steak and all were very pleased with the choices. The desserts, of course, are signature.

Ithaca, NY
“Great desert, bad entrees”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

I went there for a few times, and out of the five entrees I have tried, the lamb is the only good one. The lobster pasta is very creamy and made me a little sick in my stomach towards the end, duck two ways is terrible for the price, and I can't remember the rest of the entrees I have had. However service and deserts are great, but the entrees leave too much to complain for.

New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dessert...very awkward situation”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

I was recently in Ithaca for a local wine tour which was an all day event, and along the wine trail Madelines was recommended for their wonderful dessert. After a long day of wine and snacks all we really wanted was some appetizers and to try the desserts. We called ahead to make sure reservations weren't necessary and they informed us that it was recommended due to the fact that they were very busy that particular night. We made reservations for 1 hour later. When we arrived we were seated right away (there were still several open tables) and were excited as the the ambiance was great. My sister made a comment to the host about how she heard the dessert was great here and he told her they sell more desserts than they do entree's.

When the waiter finally came to the table he asked for our drink order and informed us of the specials ( we did not order drinks as we had plenty of wine all day). When he returned for our orders we told him we just wanted to do appetizers and desserts and ordered the appetizers. He came back a few minutes later and said in a very rude manner "Just so you know, we usually only reserve tables for groups who are ordering entree's...but I'll get those" and walked away.

This made for a very awkward dining experiance as he rarely ever came back to the table and seemed to be in a bad mood for the entire length of our stay. As mentioned in the title line, the desserts were great! But we would never return to this restaurant due to the very rude service that we had especially with open tables available.

1 Thank runtravelrun