“Great food, cold waiter!”
Review of Madeline's

Madeline's
Ranked #38 of 271 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Madeline's is a Modern Asian fusion restaurant with a fun, contemporary vibe. Featuring award winning desserts and voted - Top NY State Romantic Eatery. At Madeline's, our unique approach to Euro-Asian Fusion cuisine results in a simplified elegance through distinctive and high quality ingredient combinations. In the bar, our specially trained mixologists have created an extensive list of eclectic and innovative hand-mixed cocktails, as well as an accessible wine and beer list that boasts the best of our regional wineries and breweries. Are you a Scotch lover? With over 50 to choose from, our well-educated bar and service staff can guide you to your traditional favorite, or a new experience. No trip to Madeline's would be complete without a visit to our DESSERT CASE. Continuously on the "Best of Ithaca" list for best desserts, Madeline's Owner and Executive Pastry Chef, Teresa Miller, will engage your senses with luxurious and mouthwatering indulgences made from the finest ingredients. Enjoy a casual cocktail on our seasonal outdoor patio, host your celebratory event with us, or join us for drink specials during our weekly Jazz Nights held every Thursday. We have live performances after dinner by 13 Degrees, featuring contemporary jazz. Come in and let our experienced chefs show you why Madeline's is one of the best restaurants in Ithaca. Our reputation precedes us, so reservations are recommended.
Reviewed March 5, 2008

My girlfriend and I were visiting Cornell U. recently and we stopped in at Madeline's because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.
The restaurant itself is very nice inside and we were offered a choice of tables upon entering. To make a long story short the food was awesome...Tuna carpacchio appetizer and rack of Lamb were outstanding...but the waiter, at first, seemed a bit cold shall we say. Perhaps he had too many tables I thought. Or maybe because I wasn't in jeans and a T-shirt he thought I was a snob. Whatever it was it became apparent he really wasn't into helping with certain things. Case in point, I asked him, "do you have Patron Tequila"? Answer: "I don't know" and he walked away never to mention the Tequila again. I went to the bar and asked the bartender...yes, they had three different kinds of Patron.
The tequila wasn't the only instance of this waiter being aloof , when he first approached us he never asked us if we wanted drinks with our dinner...he just took our food order and I had to tell him we wanted a cocktail. I don't want to harp too much on this waiter because the food itself was outstanding and I would definitely go back to Madelines in a heart beat. I would just ask for a different waiter!

1  Thank Miguel_KHartford

Reviewed March 5, 2008

I have been to Madeline's twice. I love their appetizers! The calamari with two different homemade sauces is the best I've ever had. The mussels in the thai chili coconut broth... delicious!!! I've also tried their samosa and thai stix(crispy delights filled with chicken and corn). -all made in house!!! I would like to go back and actually try an entree b/c everyone in my party was completely satisfied with their dinners. My mom had the sushi style tuna served with soba noodles.
And save room for dessert!! I think I counted 24 homemade desserts. I had a flourless hazelnut chocolate torte which went perfectly with my wine.
Their wine menu is extensive and easy to navigate. And the scotch menu had my father amazed.
The eight of us sat at a really cool round booth which made for great conversation.

1  Thank workin4alivin
Reviewed February 13, 2008

The food is good, but rather expensive. The expense unfortunately wins out over the taste. Desserts are supposed to be amazing, though I have yet to have them.

Reviewed February 3, 2008

Pricey and hit-or-miss service. Delicious desserts, though, like everyone knows.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2008

I've only had drinks there, but they were delicious fancy pants drinks.