“Wow...what a treat!”

Ranked #10 of 271 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2014

A friend and I decided to do a weekend trip from Toronto to Ithaca to experience the Moosewood. I"m not a vegetarian by any means but my friend is and I will try almost anything once. We had planned to go for lunch but decided to wait for dinner and I am so happy we did.
They change the menu for every meal which is great!
I had the salmon crusted with pecan nuts along with a very flavourful rice and brussels sprout. The salmon was melt in your mouth and full of flavour. I also very pleasantly surprised the local wine they paired with the fish.
Both the reception and the wait staff were friendly, outgoing and attentive. They made sure our meals were what we expected without being intrusive.
Overall, definitely worth checking out if you are headed to the Ithaca area. It wasn't just the delicious food, it was also the very comfortable ambience that made the visit one to remember!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Friendly waiters, great ambiance,
delicious food (we had authentic tasting Lentil Sambar & stimulating Davina's fish cake) followed by great Vegan chocolate cake, sumptuous peanut butter chocolate tart and best brownies ever.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I always have a good meal at the Moosewood. The menu is small but the food tastes great. And save room for dessert!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Moosewood is famous for a reason. Their food is divine! Don't miss a trip to this place. You will regret missing it.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Having owned all of Mollie Katzen's and Moosewood's cookbooks for years, and was so excited to finally go to the restaurant whose recipes I've cooked for years. Sadly, it did not live up to our expectations. First, the ambiance was very 80's-- light wood, bright, plain tables with no tablecloth or placemats. But we overlooked it, thinking the food would be so good. The salad, which came with the entree, looked like an airplane salad. Nothing in the salad could have been locally grown; that continued with the dinner. My asparagus leek strudel was overly cheesy and the asparagus did not taste fresh. It was overly greasy and the crust soggy. My husband joked that the only thing from a farm was his salmon! There is a great vegetarian restaurant around the corner, which had a line all evening. Next time I'll try that one.

3  Thank dinamoore