“Delicious”

Moosewood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moosewood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 264 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Friendly waiters, great ambiance,
delicious food (we had authentic tasting Lentil Sambar & stimulating Davina's fish cake) followed by great Vegan chocolate cake, sumptuous peanut butter chocolate tart and best brownies ever.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ithaca, New York
“Fresh, Natural, Local foods”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I always have a good meal at the Moosewood. The menu is small but the food tastes great. And save room for dessert!

• Visited April 2014
Ithaca, New York
“Best Vegetarian Resaurant in the country!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Moosewood is famous for a reason. Their food is divine! Don't miss a trip to this place. You will regret missing it.

• Visited May 2013
rockland county, new york
“Such a disappointment”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Having owned all of Mollie Katzen's and Moosewood's cookbooks for years, and was so excited to finally go to the restaurant whose recipes I've cooked for years. Sadly, it did not live up to our expectations. First, the ambiance was very 80's-- light wood, bright, plain tables with no tablecloth or placemats. But we overlooked it, thinking the food would be so good. The salad, which came with the entree, looked like an airplane salad. Nothing in the salad could have been locally grown; that continued with the dinner. My asparagus leek strudel was overly cheesy and the asparagus did not taste fresh. It was overly greasy and the crust soggy. My husband joked that the only thing from a farm was his salmon! There is a great vegetarian restaurant around the corner, which had a line all evening. Next time I'll try that one.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank dinamoore
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have had a copy of the Moosewood Cookbook from the late 70's and love the recipes so wanted to try out the iconic restaurant itself. The staff was very friendly, helpful in their suggestions. We had the berry smoothie and also a peach drink - both were delicious. The spinach cheese tart is very much like a quiche and my husband had a thai curry dish. I cannot recall what my daughter ordered but we all loved the entrees as well as the salads and dressings they used. We had to rush back for a meeting at Cornell and decided to forgo the dessert. When my husband mentioned it while paying the bill, our waitress zoomed off to the kitchen and came back with the brownie to go for my daughter. We will definitely go there again

• Visited March 2014