“Classic”

Moosewood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moosewood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“Classic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I had the salad with the house dressing - I love salad and I can honestly say this was the best I'd ever had! I also tried the tofu, which had a chewier consistency than other tofu I have had although I ended up enjoying that immensely as well. I also had a fresh squeezed carrot and lime juice which was fantastic. The menu changes frequently so there is always something new to be had. They offer discount days for seniors, students, teachers, etc. so it is worth visiting their website to take advantage of these offers. I will be back the next time I am in Ithaca.

• Visited March 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Port Matilda, Pennsylvania
“Great vegetarian restaurants!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'll admit, Moosewood Restaurant is probably not for everyone. If you are craving a steak or would prefer cheese-smothered entries, Moosewood is not for you. However, if you enjoy eating healthy and love your vegetables, then give it a try. I've been to Moosewood several times now. I also own several of the cookbooks. I love it! The menu choices are unique and vary each day. There always seems to be a fish option. They also have a good kid's menu that is healthier than what you typically get at other restaurants. I love Moosewood's and will go back every time I'm in Ithaca.

• Visited March 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Going back for the 2nd time !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Was visiting the area in August 2012 and stopped by for dinner. Excellent food and service. Heading up there again this month and making sure our trip includes Moosewood's. Hard to find a place to eat that serves great healthy food.

• Visited August 2012
Hopewell, New Jersey
“So excited to finally visit...well worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was so excited when my daughter chose to visit Ithaca College because it meant a chance to have dinner at the Moosewood. I have been collecting their cookbooks for years and served countless numbers of their dishes to my friends and families. The experience was just as it should be - delicious, friendly, and fully satisfying! We had been warned to come early on a Friday night (they do not take reservations). We walked in at 5:20 and were the 3rd party on the list (they open for seating at 5:30). While waiting you can enjoy browsing their cookbook selection or take a seat at the bar. While the menu is limited in selections (changed daily and per meal), there were options for every taste and diet (I am gluten-free, no problem!). I opted for the Moroccan Stew - delicious, hearty, and well-paired with a glass of the local chardonnay. My daughter opted for the Pasta Marsala, which she loved. The salad dressings were also delicious - garlic feta and the houses spinach-basil. The spinach-basil was unlike anything we have ever tried. When I asked which cookbook it was from (we were still deciding which one to buy), they promptly brought me a copy and told me I could take a picture of the recipe with my smartphone! Very cool! Desert was delicious and the service was spot-on. Of course, we added to our cookbook collection - I can't wait to try out a new round of Moosewood favorites at home.

Visited April 2013
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Moosewood Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a gourmet restaurant that serves health food. I LOVE this restaurant! If people are visting Ithaca for the first time. This is one of Ithaca's oldest and best restaurants. Wait staff is also terrific. When you are finished you can tour the bookshop in the restaurant for a cookbook. And you can vist Dewitt Mall or Ithaca guitar next door. Great FOOD.

• Visited May 2012