“We enjoyed our lunch.”

Ranked #9 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am sure this restaurant isn't for everyone but we three gals enjoyed our meals. I was surprised by their huge liquor menu, normally when a person wants to eat healthy washing it all down with something besides water or herbal tea seems counterproductive. The crowd and the staff can be laid back but our food was prompt and delicious.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Went for dinner last Sunday. Service was ok. There was a choice of eating inside or outside. The food though was underwhelming (I've been there 3 or 4 times). The tofu appetizer had 4 small slices of tofu-one which was way overcooked (charred)-the sauce was nice. I had the black beans with a fried corn tortilla. There was no tortilla-when I asked the server, she brought some tortilla chips from a bag. The beans were ok. The other dish we ordered was a stew-again, ok.

This is the first time I was there for dinner. I think I'll stick to the lunch menu.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We loved the atmosphere of this restaurant and the food is delicious (even for non-vegetarians). I love the series of Moosewood cookbooks and the restaurant did not disappoint. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and I decided to travel through Ithica on our way to Buffalo just to eat at Moosewood. We have enjoyed the Moosewood cookbooks from the start. After reading the reviews we were a bit hesitant. But we went with an open mind and ended up having a very good meal and a nice experience. I have to say the reviews are correct. Both the 2 star and the 5 star. It really depends on your expectations. If you expect the best vegetarian you've ever had or some new twists on vegetarian fare (ala Dirt Candy in NYC) you will be disappointed. If you want fresh, thoughtfully prepared delicious food, you will not be disappointed. The salads were delicious, salad dressing amazing (I now make it at home) appetizers yummy and 3 of the 4 main courses were really good. Service was perfectly nice. We'd return if we find ourselves in Ithica at some point, but I'm not sure we'd go out of our way just to dine there. But I'm glad we went this time!

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My son and I had a fresh and tasty salad and sandwich. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The down side was that service was rather slow. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry, so we enjoyed our lunch.