“Exceptional”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Port Colborne, Canada
“Exceptional”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel was exceptionally clean. We arrived early and had a no hassle check in being 2 hours before the 3pm check in time. The room was spotless and the bed was fantastic, very comfortable. We had breakfast there .... Lots to choose from, hot and delicious. Ariel checked us in. He was friendly informative and funny. Awesome choice for a front desk agent. I am employed in the hospitality industry and you couldn't get a better choice than Ariel for front of the house service. He even asked us to stop and tell him how our day on the commons went when we returned. I couldn't have been more pleased with a stay anywhere. Totally up to Marriott standards. Thanks Ariel !!

1 Thank Lyn H
Ariel N, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you very much for those kind words and for taking the time to write that glowing review. It was a joy to have you here! You have to drop by again the next time you're in Ithaca!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Pros:
Bedroom:
-Very clean
-Extremely comfortable bed with plenty of room
-HDTV with over 60 channels including HBO and NFL Network
-Free Wi-Fi - also fast
-Plenty of outlets available
-According to my girlfriend the hairdryer was from a top of the line brand

Bathroom:
-Very clean
-Granite countertops
-The walk-in shower is very spacious and was very clean

Continental Breakfast:
-Plenty of selection ranging from eggs to waffles

Service:
The service at this hotel was top notch. The people working at the lobby counter were very friendly and helpful with any of the questions I had. They even let us check-out late without any additional charges. The maids were also very nice making sure to greet me and ask how I was doing each time they saw me. I was very pleased with the service and felt very welcome.

Cons: (Barely Any)
-The hotel does not offer any shuttle service. Most people that visit Ithaca come for the Universities which are about a 30-40 minute walk from the hotel. My girlfriend and I walked to and from the Commons each night in order to eat dinner so it is not that big of a deal. There are also restaurants closer to the hotel that do not require you to walk as far.

-The AC/Heater unit was a bit of a nuisance to control but after some messing around we finally figured it out.

Overall I had a great experience at this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anybody looking to stay in Ithaca. Will be returning soon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write that review! I'm glad we were able to help make your Ithaca adventure a positive one and look forward to your next visit!
Newport
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn, in Ithaca NY on Columbus Day weekend. It was not a good experience. Staff was poorly trained. They were not able to email bill did not offer print out version and they overcharged my credit card.

Room Tip: The Staff at the Fair flied Inn in Ithaca, NY was poorly trained. The room was not clean. They we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve the hotel experience for future guests.
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had high hopes for this hotel, seeing as it is brand-spanking-new and I was being charged a premium for a two-night weekend stay. But I came away somewhat disappointed.

The best thing about this hotel is that the beds are very comfortable. The HVAC was quiet. And it's located in a commercial district with every type of retail store and chain restaurant, if that convenience is important to you.

But for the price I paid, I expected more. Cost-cutting is evident everywhere: thin towels, thin plastic cups, small TVs, not even a soap dish in the bathroom!

If I stayed here again, I would not waste my money on a "suite." The bed is separated from the living room area by an open partition, which accomplishes no purpose whatsoever except to block off all natural light from the bedroom area, making the room feel dark and cave-like. The suite was narrow (about 11 ft. wide) and the closet is literally the size of a broom closet (about 15" wide).

The bathroom had a large walk-in shower (no bathtub, a disappointment to those of us who like relaxing bubble baths on vacation), but no ledge or seat and only one very small triangular tray for toiletries. Obviously designed by a man. The exhaust fan is not very loud but runs constantly (no switch to turn it off).

Wi-fi was slow but free. The complimentary breakfast was standard fare. Not enough tables and no newspapers to be had.

I welcome another hotel to Ithaca, because the city needs more rooms, but this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank A K
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We value all feedback and you can be sure we'll use it to improve the hotel experience for future guests.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel is very, very clean, which is a huge plus. Nice staff. Comfortable beds! Stayed during the first weekend of October 2013 and the price per night was a little over the top considering the hotel does not give you simple amenities such as lotion, q-tips, shower caps. The soap and shampoo/conditioner is nothing special either. Wifi was way too slow, but available. Fitness center wasn't anything great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your feedback is important to us. We'll use it to improve the hotel experience for future guests and I hope you'll be one of them!
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The new Fairfields are excellent. This one was only 6 weeks old when I stayed. Nice walk in shower which is great for new hotels. Who really wants a bathtub? Staff was very friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions. They have a nice pool. Fitness center has 1 elliptical and 2 treadmills. That's it. Internet service is a bit slow when there are more than a few people logged on. Breakfast was nice. Hot scrambled eggs, oatmeal, bacon, cold cereals, fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee. Fry your own waffles. I didn't see the typical Jimmy Dean sandwiches they have at other Fairfields.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad your experience at our hotel was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and please consider us again the next time you visit the Finger Lakes region!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This new hotel is a terrific new option in town. Close to shopping and reasonable distice to parks, downtown, or colleges (very close to Ithaca College, a little further to Cornell). The staff is incredible. I don't know if it's bacause thy are new, but everyone from the front desk to the maintenance staff to the housekeepers were very friendly and all asked if I needed anything, even as I was just walking in from the parking lot or in the hallway. Rooms are very clean and furnished appropriately for this level of hotel. I noticed the towels are quite thin, but beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Small fitness room (only 3 machines) and pool, but clean! Free wifi and breakfast are always a nice touch.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for that nice review and for taking the time to write it. Fostering a quality guest experience is important to all of us and it feels great to have those efforts acknowledged. Please consider us again for your next Ithaca visit!