“Amazing deal”

Shortstop Deli - Stewart Ave.
Ranked #62 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Amazing deal”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This deli has amazing deals, not really sure how they stay in business since they are nearly giving some of the food away. Breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, bagel) was good (and soooo inexpensive, I think maybe $2.50), so we went back to get a picnic lunch. The regular size sub was plenty big enough, the soda only cost pennies, and the chocolate chip cookies were yummy. You could tell the bread was made on site, delicious. I'm sure there are places with more impressive food, but I doubt there's anywhere else with food this good at such amazing prices.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Cortland, NY
“Love Love LOVE Shortstop!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been a fan of Shortstop for years, they have the best subs! Fresh baked Italian bread, stuffed with meat and toppings! Everything made to order while you shop around the store. It's great that they have 10 cent drinks with sub purchase! I wish they had indoor seating, but it's nice to go in the summer and take our subs to Stewart Park! There's also a great icecream shop attached, not sure if it's the same owners, but it's good!

Visited February 2013
Goshen, CT
“Hot Truck anytime!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I always come here when I'm in town for the hot truck sandwiches. Not quite the ambience of waiting for an hour in the cold at midnight like when I was an undergrad, but the sandwiches are just as good. And at my age, I kind of like the convenience. The place is well organized with little slips you fill out with what you want, pay while waiting for the sandwich and off you go when it's done.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank crasher1339
Hickory, North Carolina
“Best sandwiches around”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, they have great food all day long. The bread, the meats....and friendly people working. Love this place!

• Visited August 2012
Montreal, Canada
“YES ! even for vegetarians and vegans !”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The minute I get off the airplane in Ithaca I go directly to Shortstop for a seitan sub or a pizza sub. Short stop is legendary to almost anyone I have met that ever lived in Ithaca. A half sub is perfect, a whole sub puts me over the edge but I usually do it anyway. I think fountain soda is like 15 cents if you buy it with a sub. I miss short stop so much when I am away from Ithaca that I even keep the paper order tickets in my wallet for the delicious memories. If you are anywhere near Ithaca stop in here and get a sandwich. So many options ! you can get your sandwich toasted or cold, on garlic bread or bagel, different cheese options, sauces like bbq , mayo , russian sauce / toppings like coleslaw, great pickles, fresh tomatoes, it's all so good. Staff are fast and friendly, don't forget to get a sub card to earn points towards a free sandwich.

Visited January 2012