“comfy atmosphere”

Rulloff's Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 286 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2018

I liked this place. Small dining area, mostly bar it seems. We were drawn in by Fish & Chips Special on sign outside. I've had better. Fish was too crunchy for me, tough around the edges. Fries became more peppery underneath. I did not finish my meal, tho i was hungry. Tiny spoonfull of vegg went well but was not much of it, neither was it tasty, just okay. The thing i liked most about the place was the atmosphere, felt old and quaint. Service was average, good.

Reviewed November 4, 2017 via mobile

Loved this great pub food restaurant next to Cornell. Tater tots melt in your mouth. Rib eye steak and “Silence of the Lamb” burger were fabulous! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is pretty typical of a college town pub. The food was good. The macaroni and cheese was the best I’ve ever had. I have to give this place a 1 for cleanliness. It was pretty bad.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Ok, ok. I haven't done THAT much research on serial killer themed restaurants but it is true that Rulloff's is named after a serial killer in Ithaca that has an interesting relationship with nearby Cornell. (If you want the rest of the story, go visit!!)
This pub has great burgers and awesome tots. The burgers were thick and juicy with some good seasoning. I only had the plain tots but they were properly crispy. They have a full bar, beers on tap, and Coke products. You'll be well set.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

Whoa!! This place has changed in the last 25 years!
My friends and I used to party hard in there beer pitchers and crazy drinking games in the basement!
Now I went in with husband and 3 kids. All new to CU and Collegetown. Place looks awesome! It's the same beautiful woodwork that I had not fully appreciated, great service, great gourmet burgers and dishes and old fashioned cocktails to boot.
One should go back more often!