“Gem in the Wilderness”

Ranked #23 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Like our décor, food, prices, and service, our intention is to give you a comfortable, honest homestyle dining experience. We value consistency, getting it right the first time and every time. Discover delightful dining, serving classic American cuisine in a comfortable casual atmosphere.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a fantastic place to eat right outside of Dryden where we stayed at the Candlelight Inn Bed and Breakfast. The owner, Doris, recommended that we try this restaurant since it was right down the road. We were surprised to find the place so full on a Wednesday night but after a short wait for a table it became apparent why it was busy. The food was incredible and we were not disappointed by any part of our meal. I would highly recommend for any occasion.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had dinner there on Sunday Feb 16. I was surprised the restaurant was full and we had to get reservations. The interior has a casual décor and the waitress was very friendly. We started with the Lobster Bisque which was rich, very flavorful and had small chunks of lobster. We also had a appetizer portion of babyback ribs which were delicious with a small side of very good coleslaw. I had Steak Diane as my main dish and it was very good with a nice smoky flavor and very good sauce. My wife had whole lobster which was excellent at a very good price. My son had the glazed salmon which he thoroughly enjoyed. The dessert menu looked good, but we were too full to order any. Overall we really enjoyed this restaurant.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Visited this past Saturday while visiting my daughter. We ordered Crab Cake and Scallop combo it was delicious. My daughter ordered the London broil and her boyfriend the duck and again both delicious. All came with gauche mashed and vegetables. We shared the lobster bisque it was good but I have had better. Garlic bread comes in the bread basket. Bill was $97 for 3 and we had a drink. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The food was outstanding I had the scallops au gratin. Scallops very tender. My husband had the duck. A little dry but still very good. The service was a different story . It took the server about 10 minutes to come by our table to tell us she would be right with us, then another 10 minutes to give us water and take our drink order. When she finally came back with our drinks, she took our order and seemed a little put out. The food came out in a timely fashion and like I said very good. She did not come back to check on us and ask if we needed anything else or refill our drinks. I really enjoy eating here,but the service was very disappointing .

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Atmosphere excellent, prices average to good, food excellent, portions could be larger, service staff good, greeter excellent and most times they are there to say goodby to patrons too. Has been one of are favorites in the Ithaca, Area and has easy parking lots, two.

1  Thank arnold t