“Not worth it”

The Antlers Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Like our décor, food, prices, and service, our intention is to give you a comfortable, honest homestyle dining experience. We value consistency, getting it right the first time and every time. Discover delightful dining, serving classic American cuisine in a comfortable casual atmosphere.
Buffalo, New York
“Not worth it”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I recently went to Antlers, based on tripadvisor reviews, while visiting Ithaca. The customer service was fine, but the prices were too high based on the quality of the food. I had crab cakes, baked potato and the daily veg special of carrots for $20 which is a good price when in theory but the quality just isn't there. The crab cakes tasted like they had a pancake batter added to thicken it, and the carrots were so overly seasoned with brown sugar and spice that they were not edible. the restaurant caters to an older crowd and is definitely more neighborhood fare. If you are looking for upscale food and a date night travel to downtown Ithaca.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank renee0327

• Hebrew first
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Really nice evening”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Comfortable atmosphere, really nice greeting and the food was really good. At our table we had filet mignon, shrimp and scallop special and crabcakes, and they were all good. The desserts were original and appetizing. I had the New England Corn Pudding with maze and purity ice cream...filling but good!

I highly suggest it for a safe place for a good meal!

• Visited May 2013
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Antlers has a great local feel with good service. The lobster bisque soup was amazing. The crab cakes were good, but the salmon was just ok. Enjoyed the evening and would go back again.

1 Thank JoDiva
New Hampshire
“Disappointed :(”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this restaurant but My wife had visited a few months ago on a visit to see our daughter at Cornell. I had first learned of Antlers via a Trip Advisor review from a Cornell student and was looking forward to a meal here.

I ordered the NY Strip Sirloin with garlic mashed and a vegetable medley. My steak was undercooked and fatty. The potatoes were cold and not flavorful. Similar results for the rest of our party. The atmosphere is great with a nice warm wood fire burning in the dining room.

I know every place can have a bad night from time to time but I really have no desire to return. The entrees are pricey which is fine when the food is delicious but it certainly was not on our visit.

Ithaca, New York
“Lovely Dining Experience at The Antlers”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Six of us dined at The Antlers on Ithaca's Rte 366 the other night. The atmosphere was lovely with live piano music in the background, but quiet enough to carry on meaningful conversation. Their locally-famous Santa Barbara salad was superb and I only wished I'd ordered the larger version. Our party ordered the salmon, scallops, shrimp, chicken Marsala, and both vegetarian pasta options. They were all excellent except the pasta with zucchini which was unexciting and on the bland side. We also shared two of the special desserts of the day which were both very good. Nice wine list, too. Look for their discount coupons which run frequently in the Ithaca Journal for a substantial savings on your second entree. We look forward to going back there again soon!

• Visited February 2013