“Fun afternoon of food and beer!”
Review of Ithaca Beer Co.

Ithaca Beer Co.
Ranked #15 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American
Description: Ithaca Beer Company specializes in brewing world-class craft beer. Farm-to-table, American-style fare is served in our lively and modern brewpub restaurant. In addition to year-round favorites like our popular Flower Power IPA, you can also choose from new five barrel beers, a special Thursday night cask, and seasonal selections on rotation in our Taproom. Enjoy dining indoors, or on our patio and lawn in the warmer months. Brewery tours are available on weekends and by reservation.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My friends and I had a very enjoyable experience. We came in fro a late Sunday afternoon lunch, the bar area was busy, but we were seated right away. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable about the beers and the food on the menu. He was able to give great recommendations as to which beers to try and such. We ordered typical pub type food, soup and sandwiches and fires. All of which arrived in short order with our second round of beers. Food was very good, beer was great. I was drinking the Valencia, service was outstanding. Will be back!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

If the weather is nice one can eat and drink outside in a nice setting. Although the menu is not extensive, what they have is very good. Burger lovers rave about the burgers here, and the salads, soups, and wood-fired pizzas are also good.

I like to buy locally whenever possible, but I have to admit that I find that although their beer is better than Bud, it's not as good as some other craft breweries. However, if you like hoppy beer, their Cascazilla is a very good one, and the seasonal choices may be to your liking. It's easy to get a 'taste' of something from the tap is you feel like experimenting but aren't sure whether you'll like it or not.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I attended a fairly large going-away party held here. (~50 people coming and going open-house style)

It was a gorgeously warm sunny day, so the event was held on the patio. I'm sure that the lovely atmosphere helped--but the assortment of pizzas and fry "flights" our hosts ordered were absolutely delicious and the service was great. Not only were the staff very attentive in taking drink orders as guests came and went, but they kept an eye on the setting sun and made sure to relocate umbrellas to make sure everyone was comfortable.

I look forward to trying other items on the menu in the indoor restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Met up with some friends on a busy fall Saturday for lunch before heading out to explore. i arrived at 1230, the place was very busy, but the hosts were getting people seated quickly (I was late, I was able to go right to my table). Service (more later) was quick, and they my first drink arrived very soon.

On the beer side, Ithaca Brewery offers a good range of choices, my first was the smoked porter which I liked, pleasant flavor and they managed to tame the bitterness that smoked brews can have, though perhaps a little too much.

The menu itself was a bit small, a half dozen sandwiches, a couple of other options, but serviceable. I decided to do a burger, as did one companion, and the third went with the vegan burger (a temptation for me, also). Again, the food was brought promptly, as were all of our other drink orders (my second was the Cascazilla, not too bad. To be fair, I'm not a huge fan of the style, but wanted to mix it up a little).

Portions seemed a little small, which isn't a problem for me, but bigger eaters may be wanting a little. The food was good, however, and even the vegan burger, which have a tendency to be a little mushy, was done very well.

My note about the service. On reflection, it was outstanding. I say that because every request was handled promptly, we never needed to wait to make a request, and it was never intrusive. That last aspect is the one that you don't realize until after the fact - while friendly, they didn't try to be your friends and intrude upon your party. I hope that makes sense. It's when you realize later that your memory of the meal does not include the wait staff, for good or bad, that you have received great service.

Also, a note about the beer - they offer half pints, which is a great size when you may want to try a couple of different brews. Generally at brewpubs I seem to have to choose between a large pint, a pint, or a 12oz, so having this size available was welcome.

Prices seemed a little high, my friends had an appetizer while waiting for me, we each had two beers and our meals, and all wound up putting $26 in to cover the bill and the tip. And I'm just realizing I chipped in for their appetizer! Some friends, eh?

In the end, though, it was worth it, and I will definitely add IB to my Ithaca area rotation.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

A perfect Sunday afternoon with old friends. Our out-of-town-friends are vegan and are huge beer fans. We sat outside in a great setting and enjoyed flights of beer, the "Fry Flight", they had Vegan Burgers, our son had the Pulled Pork. Not only was the setting great, but the service and food were too. We can't wait to go back!