See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Private Hotel & Pure Food is a first class B&B. Owner and Chef Michael Casper goes way beyond expectations to make you feel like a VIP. The accommodations are warm and inviting and the food is remarkable. The service and care that goes into making your stay the best that it can be is off the charts. It was difficult to leave and go back to everyday life. There is plenty to do in the area. The proximity of the B&B to activities worked well and provides such a great retreat from the day. Michael Casper is passionate about his business and it truly shows.

Room Tip: The Blue Room was perfect but all of them seem great.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2016

Wonderful stay! The room was stunning. Very clean, spacious, well appointed, and quiet. Michael, our host, was gracious and very accommodating. He was also an excellent chef. Everything was delicious, fresh, and abundant.

The setting was stunning. Located among a wooded 100 acres.

We'd definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2016

With a planned trip to visit Cornell, I decided to check out and stay at the Private Hotel and Pure Food for its close proximity to the university. I had the most amazing time and enjoyed all the gourmet food prepared by the unimitable and most unique host, Michael! Set in glorious and peaceful surroundings, this place is idyllic whatever the season!

Room Tip: Loved the Zebra Room!
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My wife planned a secret get-away for out anniversary. We arrived exactly as expected according to directions. The property was stunning. The buildings on the compound were interesting and very modest until you entered. Stunning. There was a warm wood fire in the main guest room. Pictures floor to vaulted ceiling. A pond. A sunset. A cabin. A dirt road. The room was great. But the best of all was the host. Just a lovely man. Oh, did I tell you about the outdoor hot tube and Barrel Sauna!!! As Michael said, we arrived as guests and left as friends. Oh wait... Breakfast was the absolute bomb. Loved it.

Room Tip: Just call Michael. He'll walk you through all the rooms
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2016

I recently spent the weekend at Private Hotel + Pure Foods and I had the best stay ever! Host and chef extraordinaire Michael Casper had made my stay peaceful and comfortable beyond belief. Exquisite food. Interesting artifacts throughout made me feel like I was at the Smithsonian museum. I lodged in the Zebra room and the bed was the most comfortable I ever slept in.
The only regrets I had was not having a few more days to spend there.
Thank you Michael, I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family