See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 2, 2016

Wonderful stay! The room was stunning. Very clean, spacious, well appointed, and quiet. Michael, our host, was gracious and very accommodating. He was also an excellent chef. Everything was delicious, fresh, and abundant.

The setting was stunning. Located among a wooded 100 acres.

We'd definitely return!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2016

With a planned trip to visit Cornell, I decided to check out and stay at the Private Hotel and Pure Food for its close proximity to the university. I had the most amazing time and enjoyed all the gourmet food prepared by the unimitable and most unique host, Michael! Set in glorious and peaceful surroundings, this place is idyllic whatever the season!

Room tip: Loved the Zebra Room!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 8, 2016

My wife planned a secret get-away for out anniversary. We arrived exactly as expected according to directions. The property was stunning. The buildings on the compound were interesting and very modest until you entered. Stunning. There was a warm wood fire in the main guest room. Pictures floor to vaulted ceiling. A pond. A sunset. A cabin. A dirt road. The room was great. But the best of all was the host. Just a lovely man. Oh, did I tell you about the outdoor hot tube and Barrel Sauna!!! As Michael said, we arrived as guests and left as friends. Oh wait... Breakfast was the absolute bomb. Loved it.

Room tip: Just call Michael. He'll walk you through all the rooms
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2016

I recently spent the weekend at Private Hotel + Pure Foods and I had the best stay ever! Host and chef extraordinaire Michael Casper had made my stay peaceful and comfortable beyond belief. Exquisite food. Interesting artifacts throughout made me feel like I was at the Smithsonian museum. I lodged in the Zebra room and the bed was the most comfortable I ever slept in.
The only regrets I had was not having a few more days to spend there.
Thank you Michael, I'll be back.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

My fiance and I thoroughly enjoyed our New Year's Eve Getaway at the Private Hotel and Pure Food in Ithaca NY! We were welcomed kindly by Michael and Miss Carol. Michael offered us the best room in the house, and it was delightful! Our gourmet breakfast was prepared by Michael based on our selection. It was delicious, and the best food you will ever have in comparison to any hotel! Michael shared stories and detailed descriptions of classic photos throughout the house (a beautiful barn, inside finished wood, carved log beams etc..). I hope to be back in the summer or fall to see more of the beautiful wooded land surrounding the area.

Thank you kindly, for different, and very special, place to stay!

Shane & Katie

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple