“A Peaceful Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa
Ranked #2 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 6, 2014

NOTE: I stayed at this property as part of a marketing project, which has long been concluded. I am writing this in the capacity of a guest and am not affiliated with this business in any way.

I didn't know places like Casper's existed. It is just about a 15 minute drive away from downtown Ithaca, but offers you such a unique experience. Extremely peaceful surroundings, and you can take a stroll around the property to relax as well. There is a large pond (I don't know if we are allowed to swim in it), a rock garden, and an even more secluded cabin atop the hill nearby, if you are looking for a real no-technology experience (there is no electricity in this cabin).

The rooms themselves are spread across two buildings. The rooms are elegantly furnished with plenty of space. The room that I stayed in had a very large bathroom that is not completely sealed off from the rest of the room (just a solid wall with a door that doesn't reach all the way to the ceiling). They provided me with a dehumidifier that could have been slightly noisy, but I got used to it. The beds are extremely plush -- I cannot imagine anyone not having an amazing night's sleep on it, especially considering that you can enjoy the quiet of the country in the dead of night.

Food was amazing too -- kitchen is very well-stocked and Michael himself is a chef. The great thing is that he customizes the meal to your liking! I have seen a fellow guest ask for fish in the morning and received it.

If you have a car and are looking for a peaceful retreat, you absolutely will not regret staying here. There so much to explore on the land, and simply spending time amidst nature can be very rejuvenating. If you get bored, there is a spa nearby, and the malls aren't very far away either. Perfect for parents visiting!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JacksonFoo

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for our daughter's Cornell graduation. It's convenient to Ithaca, clean, delightful. We enjoyed our hosts immensely. Two highlights: the freshly ground organic oatmeal we chose each morning, and the sweet outdoor sauna. Terrific experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was our first B&B experience. Was a little nervous first. But Private Hotel + Pure Food is like a 5 star hotel, with more personality! My son forgot his toothbrush and paste, no problem! He booked us wonderful restaurants and made delicious breakfast. I stayed at Blue room and my son stayed at pond view. The rooms are very nice and the location is fabulous. What a view. Wish we had more time to explore. Definitely recommend to anyone!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 night stay, while my son attended a Cornell admitted students event. Michael was a gracious host and the my room was clean, comfortable and the bed and bedding extremely comfortable! I got a very last minute reservation, so I got the Oak Room, which was just by the kitchen, but Michael made me aware of this prior to my booking. I am an early riser, so the 7 am busting in the kitchen didn't really bother me - they made a concerted effort to keep their noise to a minimum, which I very much appreciated! Breakfast was wonderful and the people staying at the hotel were interesting and fun to talk to! Michael was so helpful in getting us a reservation at a downtown Ithaca hotel on a busy Friday night as well - thank you Michael! Would definitely recommend staying here whenever you are in Ithaca, NY!

Room Tip: Oak Room is right by the kitchen, please be aware of this....
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My daughter and I visited Ithaca and chose to stay at Private Hotel + Pure Food. We could not have been happier with our decision. Michael was a gracious host. We loved the Zebra room. The bed was heavenly as was our breakfast the next morning. Can't wait to return so we can explore the area which we will be doing soon since my daughter has decided to attend Ithaca College.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

had the pleasure to spend an evening at pure food + private hotel with my fiance. beautiful location, perfect mix of luxury and quirkiness with top-notch cabin lodging, above-and-beyond service (champage, flowers in the room), hot tub under the stars, and a gourmet meal in the morning. michael went the extra mile, taking our food requests, and allowing us to hike around the 100+ acres grounds through the next afternoon with plenty to see and do around the property. A+, will surely be returning and recommending to many other Ithaca College alum.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at Michael Casper’s Private Hotel + Pure Food, Ithaca on Saturday, April 12, 2014.

We needed last minute reservations for a weekend visit with our son, who attends Cornell University. Michael was very accommodating. We visited the website before our stay, but were not really prepared for what a lovely place this is. The hotel itself was clearly built with great attention to every detail and the use of natural wood throughout is a perfect fit for the wooded hills, pond and trails surrounding it. It feels very charming and welcoming immediately upon entry.

We stayed in the Pond View room, which was delightful. The room, true to its name, looks over a lovely pond and gives a spectacular view from the top of the hill. The bed and bedding were beautiful and very comfortable and the amenities were plentiful.

We were in Ithaca on an extremely busy weekend and we were disappointed to discover we were unable to get a reservation with any of the fine dining restaurants at which we had hoped to have dinner. Michael saved the day and was able to get us into one of the area’s finest new restaurants, which we had been eager to try.

While we enjoyed every aspect of our stay, including the opportunity to take a walk on one of the many trails, we especially enjoyed the breakfast on Sunday morning. Michael went out of his way to make sure we were given the choice of pretty much anything we wanted. The fresh fruit was perfect and the omelets were extraordinary.

We have stayed at a number of bed and breakfasts, especially in the Finger Lakes region, and we give Private Hotel + Pure Food our highest marks in all areas. We will definitely be back for another stay in the near future.

Pat Barrett