“high on a mountain, overlooking the Ithaca valley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa
Ranked #1 of 17 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Pollywogg Holler Eco-Resort
“high on a mountain, overlooking the Ithaca valley”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife Barbara and I mutually felt that we had finally discovered a destination that we had been seeking for years. Surrounded within an enchanted forest, high on a mountain, overlooking the Ithaca valley, Private Hotel & Pure Food provided a wonderful feeling of a lofty hidden retreat. Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner/designer/ multi-talented builder with a very unique vision of creating a magical place that reals with healthy vibrations, privacy and unique accommodations, definitely no cookie cutter anything. The delicious multi-coarse meals had a glow of healthy eating. Most gracious owner/host, Michael and his charming wife were the perfect host and a true inspiration. We feel that our trip here is like the first day of a wonderful new friendship.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Candor, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our experience was one we will never forget. The property is a real gem. Each room has it's own theme all decorated and furnished in high quality. Michael is one of the most unique individuals we have ever met. He is the perfect host. He will make your stay comfortable and relaxing. Be prepared for a fantastic breakfast. Michael is an artist in the kitchen and will serve you your personalized meal. We will definitely be returning soon.

Room Tip: If you are staying as a solo or on business consider staying in the main building. If you wish a lit...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick S
Petaluma, California
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Last time I saw Mike Casper was in 1995 when he owned a European style cafe in Cornell's Collegetown serving the best food in Ithaca. I had business at the Hotel School and through the grapevine heard that he had opened an outrageous European style hotel. I spent two nights at Michael's Private Hotel. The food was as good as his cafe and the room was a piece of fine art. If you are in the area you will want to experience this!

Room Tip: Each room is completely unique. Ask to see several before you decide.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gordon B
Hope Valley
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I selected this "B&B" for character, architecture, and location (deep in the woods). I was extremly happy with the room. The shower had 5 nozzles hitting me at once.

the great room hgt, decor, and design was memorizing.
Michael made a creative breakfat every morning...much more than I could eat. One evening before bed, I asked for eggs over easy. He pondered all night now to put a mediterranean flair on this simple request. It was amazing. I love trying new places and this B&B was memorable.

I was warned to bring a AWD or 4WD vehicle in winter...well it snowed and i could not get out of driveway for work. Out comes Michael with chains and 4WD truck to pull my Toyata out, backwards, attached to rear hitch of my car.

Michael is multi-talented and a pleasure to talk too. Restarant recomdations were spot on.
i loved the coffee as well.
i will be back...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan J
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My significant other and I needed time away from home before the end of the semester and finals. We were looking for a cozy place for two to enjoy the weekend- a place for relaxation and reflection. Not really knowing what to expect, we were blown away by this B&B!

The B&B is about ten miles outside of Ithaca, and the estate consists of over 100 acres of wooded land. The location is just far away from town to be private, but near enough town to be able to attend an evening concert series at school or to dine downtown (though you are not likely to do these because once you set foot here, you will not want to leave). If you enjoy the outdoors, then watching the night sky at this B&B, during a cool, spring night, is by itself worth the stay. Alternatively, you can enjoy the early morning hours walking through the woods, down by the creek, or up the overseeing cliff point.

The cabin is spacious (high ceilings), well furnished, and includes state-of-the-art appliances. From contemporary kitchen appliances and heated floors to precious stone collections and tapestries, you have the furnishings and tools to feel right at home. Moreover, Michael’s hospitality is warm and welcoming. You will feel the need to extend your stay longer than planned!

Overall, we got more in return than what we paid for. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the quiet of upstate New York with your loved one.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jdas2000
Belle Mead
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Surprisingly close to both the Ithaca College and Cornell campuses, this property provided a unique and quiet getaway. The newly appointed rooms were spacious and warm, the made to order breakfasts delicious and the personal attention unpretentious. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Summer P
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had business that brought me to Ithaca, several days prior to driving up from New York City I found Private Hotel while doing a Google search. After a pleasant 4+ hour drive I pulled into the driveway. Unlike past experiences that I have had at other country inns I was extremely surprised to find a group of newly built structures with a well manicured lawns in the middle of the woods. The front door was left open for me, when I walked in my mind was blown. Staring up to a two story high cathedral ceiling in a room of rich wood paneling with unique one of a kind European poster art, prehistoric artifacts. My room had a bathroom the size of some boutique hotel rooms in NYC! The towels were fresh and of the standard of a Five Star Hotel and the shower would have been adequate had it been half the size. The warmth of the giant wood stove made the living room warm, inviting and cozy. The hosts insisted that I "relax, make yourself at home and consider yourself family"! First time I ever heard that one. Michael recommended "Just a Taste" a small tapas restaurant in downtown Ithaca which was better than perfect. I slept like like I was dead and resurrected in the morning. For breakfast I had Michael as my private chef doing his organic vegan and absolutely fresh, fruit, grain and freshly pressed nut milk special. All I can say is perfect, everything was perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business