“Great stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Private Hotel + Pure Food Villa
Ranked #1 of 17 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Beautiful setting, elegant and unique decor, wonderful people, healthy, tasty food..I wish I could have stayed a month..during the days I was there (on two different occasions) I got to stay at least one night in each of their three rooms ... all were comfortable and magnificent..

Room Tip: All of the rooms are recommended
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for a short romantic break to celebrate our anniversary. We wanted no set schedules. We arrived at this unassuming property to be surprised with all sorts of interesting art and artifacts.
Our room was lovely and well appointed. The bath was fitted with a large spa type shower, private lavatory, lovely robes and towels.
Our host and hostess were most gracious, informative and accommodating. This unique 115 acre property offers breath taking views, walking paths and pond. A small but adequit hot tub and sauna both relaxed and exhilarated us. While a light snow was falling, it felt like we were on top of the world. The snow was too deep to walk the trails, perhaps in the spring or fall when we
visit again.
The great room in this facility has a 24' ceiling, with a large cylindrical wood burning stove. It was so relaxing to sit and read by the fire.
Michael Casper, owner of this property is an interesting, creative, informed man whose vision is
amazing. Michael's co-host, Siobhan's quiet,capable demeanor blends well with Michael to accommodate their guests in the best possible manner.
We were served a wonderful breakfast of fresh orange juice, fresh fruit, great coffee, fabulous french toast,bacon and healthy potatoes(not fried)---quite delicious! The host and hostess do not disappoint.
We had a wonderful time and cannot say enough good things about our experience. It was great!!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the back of the property and was very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aldora W
Binghamton
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at "The Farm" for a personal "treat" retreat for myself, and indeed it was! Michael's place was the perfect blend of a quiet get away surrounded in beautiful nature and a fascinating, amazing, interesting and luxurious "farm" house. I stayed in the upstairs main "blue room" which has a view of the beautiful pond and field outside where the deer strolled by. I had requested Michael ahead of time of my intentions of wanting a long soak in the bath/jacuzzi, wanting something savory with my sweet for breakfast (not to mention some good coffee), and some recommendations for a place to dine. Oh my goodness, Michael delivered!! The "Birthday Bath" tub was beautiful and decadent, the jacuzzi was especially prepared for me with "pure" (drinking) water (no chlorine), and breakfast was wholesome with freshly prepared oatmeal with fruit, Blue Mountain coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, and a special concoction Michael prepared just for me with coconut, red onion, apple, nuts and a savory sauce. It was amazing. I also made reservations at the Heights Cafe as Michael recommended, and had a wonderful dinner, too. Post dinner, I cooled down after my bath while enjoying the moon and crickets outside, next morning, I soaked in the outdoor jacuzzi (there's a sauna, too) in the early morning mist listening to the birds, and took a stroll down to the pond and visited the boulder circle as recommended by hostess Siobhan. It was a restorative and rejuvenating stay.
Michael is a true Renaissance man if I ever met one, and everything was treated with the utmost care and passion. I felt taken care of throughout my stay. If you are looking for a quiet retreat to get away from it all, feel totally pampered by the beautiful and sensuous surroundings, or entertained and stimulated by the artifacts on the premises and the vast knowledge of the hosts, this is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Tell the hosts what you are looking for - space, quiet, privacy, comfort, etc.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank foodie92
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Caspers Farm was amazing and beautiful. Incredible alive architecture, wall to wall wood of all kinds. The rooms were wonderful, warm, and delicious and the service was excellent. The huge open windows looked out to the most breathtaking views of nature. At sunrise and sunset deer would come right up to feed. And at night it was like you were sleeping in the stars. I don't really see why you would stay anywhere else in Ithaca.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chelsea M
South Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A small group of us stayed at Casper's Farm on a beautiful October weekend in 2012. The land is beautiful and the structures of the house/buildings we stayed in are well-built and sit nicely on the land. The spacious interiors are decorated with unique art and artifacts - from Tibet to Museum of Natural History to original photographs. The mattress and beds were very comfortable. Linens - new, clean, and comfortable. One the rooms has a gorgeous bear-claw tub and wood stove.The staff headed by Michael Casper who personally attended to us, made sure that we were served delicious veg meals to work with our schedule. We had wifi and cell service that kept us connected with the outside world, while retreating in the country beauty of Ithaca. I recommend Casper's Farm for anyone wanting a quiet place to land and retreat in the

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nina R
Wilmette
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The farm is a beautiful place to stay while visiting the Ithaca area. Our room was finished with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. Michael and Siobhan are wonderful hosts. Pick your dinner choice and Michael will find you the best table in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JBICU
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2012

My son, Michael Davidman, was going to Ithaca to compete in the Ithaca College of Music Piano Competition. We needed a room and my wife found Casper's Farm on the Internet and was immediately intrigued by their excellent Web Site which is very professional and beautifully designed. She spoke with Michael Casper for the first time and found him to be a very friendly warm person. He was easy to talk to and seemed to understand our every need.

So, we drove up and arrived at night. It was easy to find. We were greeted warmly and found both of our hosts extremely nice and interesting people. It turned out that Michael and I had a lot in common having grown up in the same city during the same time. We had the house to ourselves and it was very comfortable and large with interesting wall decorations everywhere. The ceiling is about 40 feet high and there are great wooden beams everywhere. Michael turned out to be a fascinating and extremely intelligent guy, not pretentious and very down to earth. He asked us many questions about what we would like for breakfast and was totally open to what ever our morning schedule was. Siobhan and Michael prepared the most delicious breakfast, I recommend the smoked trout highly. It is a great place to go with family or to get away from everything and relax.

So, the next day Michael competed and won first prize in both the solo and concerto competitions. We enjoyed a great walk in the woods, they have 115 acres. I could write for hours but I'm at work now so I will close this review by saying you will love this place and the hosts are beautiful wonderful people. This is a must stay and worth every minute!

Charles Davidman
Proud Father

Room Tip: Walk up the incredible wood stairs and on the second floor there are two rooms that have views of th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business