Review Highlights
One of the best small theaters ever!

We've been to the Hangar many times, most recently to see a concert. Prior to the concert, we'd... read more

Reviewed January 29, 2019
oneupstatenewyorker
Binghamton, New York
A cute little theatre on a summer's day

Reviewed July 17, 2018
TheFranticDancer
Kitchener, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Ithaca
from $250.00
More Info
from $57.00
More Info
All reviews cast performance hanger acting play concert series performers stage
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Drove by this place and checked out the play which was a cute one so we returned after supper to enjoy little theatre. The seats were excellent. You can pay just a bit more to get in front of the stage rather than on the sides. Attendance was higher than I thought it might. Had a great time talking to Jeffrey the manager.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

From Syracuse area, came to see Chicago for my birthday. It was a super spectacular special performance. Every character was perfectly cast. The music was spot on and the director had a super power ability to pull this off expertly. Even got the audience involved occasionally. Four thumbs up for a great performance.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 7, 2018

For many years we have come a couple times a season to theater productions at Hangar Theatre. The venue is awesome! Although we love to sit in the front-all of the seats are great for both sight and sound. The past 4 seasons I have also had a season pass for the KidsStuff series with my granddaughter. She is now 11...so that may be ending soon. Most of the kids plays have been great...but we are noticing that each year they seem to be more "artistic". We started going when she was 3 to a couple a season that we prepicked-but now we go to all of them. Obviously, it is a personal preference to appreciate artistry in theater productions. We prefer just a straight performance of the play. The acting at Hangar-both adult and kid shows is absolutely amazing! Our favorite adult play recently was In the Heights-but that same season we also thoroughly enjoyed I Loved, I Lost, I Ate Spaghetti. We are hoping for more August Wilson plays in the future...as we are attempting to see all 10 of his fabulous plays!
We highly recommend a visit to this wonderful theater!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed April 7, 2018

If burlesque does not offend or is too low-brow for readers' tastes ... this is an amazing festival

It is such a celebration of all types of female bodies (even by the one male artiste yesterday) and the primal instinct for seduction. I was blown away by the incredible creativity, amazing skills, wonderful humor and even the political savvy of the performers.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed July 23, 2017

My 3 girlfriends and I spent one evening of our delightful Finger Lakes vacation watching "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" at the Hangar Theatre. I had seen the musical twice before and never liked it much. I actually just went along to please the others.
However, those really, really great actors made all the difference in the world, and I totally enjoyed myself. They gave it their all, and the show was justly sparkling with fun and excitement. We couldn't have asked for more!
I also liked the theater a lot. There are no bad seats, and the acoustics and lighting are excellent. The outside seating area is nice for people who want to come early and - maybe - even have a picnic, and the inside cafe serves beer, wine, soft drinks and coffee for the drivers - like me.There are also some choices of cookies and other sweets.. All in all it was a perfect experience for us.

Date of experience: July 2017