“Excellent Tasting Room!”
Review of Ithaca Beer Co.

Ithaca Beer Co.
Ranked #14 of 67 things to do in Ithaca
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stopped in for a quick tasting and growler fill on a busy college move in day. We were very pleased with the nice bar set up and ambience at this brewery along with the high quality of the beer. Our visit was in August so the offerings were geared toward summery seasonal beers. We filled our growler with the nut brown but recommend the IPA to folks who like this genre.

If you like collecting brewery souvineers be sure to pick up a pint glass (well made and economical) and don't forget your empty growler to fill for a good deal.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We had 2 beers here while our children played Boce ball outside and were content to stay there for a while. the setting and atmosphere was good and is actually a great family friendly place to go and unwind.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The last time we had visited Ithaca Beer Company was in 2001, when they were in a small store. Imagine our surprise when we visited in 2013 and found a large brewery with a fantastic taproom.

The taproom is large with plenty of in and outdoors seating.

We had just visited for beers. The bar staff was friendly and we took a flight of beers before settling on what we enjoyed for the evening. I absolutely loved the smoked porter, which I took home a growler full to enjoy.

We regretted eating dinner before we came, as the sandwiches and wood fired pizza that came out of the kitchen looked amazing. We will definitely stay for a meal next visit.

Fun people, good beer, and an amazing place. I look forward to the next visit.

1  Thank BergholzTimelord
Reviewed July 20, 2013

we visited the restaurant this evening 7/20 - told a 20 minute wait outside or a table now inside. We choose inside and it was 6:20 Upon being seated we were asked for our drink selection. My husband ordered beer and my daughter and I water and were given menus - at 6:50 we had NOT seen our waitress again. We were served more water by another waiter and asked him to check - he came back and said it would be just a minute - after another 10 minutes and no waitress we left. It was not busy that a waitress could not handle her station - not sure what she was doing

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you like strong, very hoppy craft beer this is the place for you. I prefer something a bit smoother, I did enjoy the Apricot Wheat. For non beer drinkers they also have a couple of local wines and non alcoholic items. Great selection and offer flights of their beer.

The food I was really looking forward to. The menu sounded great and I'm all for using local. I tried both a Cajun Chicken Salad Sandwich with Potato salad as well as the Smoked Pastrami Rueben and fries. The Fries were great fresh and hand cut. I was a bit disappointed with the chicken salad. There wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it it just lacked a little oomph that I would expect in something called "Cajun" I would have liked a bit more salty/spicy flavor. On the flip side the pastrami was extremely salty and overly smoked if there's such a thing . My kids enjoyed the the kids menu and ate with no complaints, they absolutely loved the grape juice.

I will probably go back and try it again because of the cool atmosphere and its a cool place to bring visitors.