“Some people just get it right”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
The William Henry Miller Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2013

...and Lynette Scofield is one of them. We stayed at this Inn in July; my review is overdue, I know. But have you any idea how many times, to how many people II have spoken about our stay there? There are some places, some atmospheres that touch you in such a meaningful way that what happens to you is that your joy at being alive among other human beings fills you up with hope. I'm not kidding. How often do you encounter genuine goodness? Feel genuinely welcome? Here you do. It is a charming old house with a history (check it out), cozy and clean and homey and nice. All the things you want from an Inn. The staff reflects the huge heart of this place and so does the food. I can't say enough. And I'm sorry it took me so long to say it, but I was almost afraid I would not find the words to speak about this ineffable thing that is found here: love. Thank you, Lynette, we will come back, but in that magical way of all true things, you have never left us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The William Henry Miller Inn

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me start by saying that this place is the best B&B I've ever stayed in. My fiancé and I arrived in the late afternoon after a day of hiking around Ithaca. To our pleasant surprise, as soon as we walked in we were warmly greeted and shown the coffee station.... 24 hours a day of fresh coffee. We hadn't had a good cup in days so we were in heaven. We got a big mug of coffee and sat outside on the front porch.. even before signing in! There was no rush, only warm hellos and hot coffee. After getting our caffeine fix, Kate and Lynette showed us up to our room. The room was clean, comfortable and a very nice size (Top of the Stairs room). Oh,,, and the shower was awesome! We then spent some time checking out the rest of the place and chatting with Kate and Lynette. We enjoyed our first few hours so much, we booked for a third night (originally we were going to stay for 2). Kate was so helpful in helping us plan where to go to dinner and what to do in the evenings.
They told us not to fill up too much on dinner because they have dessert out in the evenings.. we imagined a few cookies.... well, were we ever surprised when we came how to 3 types of cookies, a cake, 2 types of brownies and a pie (all homemade). We had to have a little of each. This was only the beginning to how wonderful the kitchen is at the Inn. The next morning at breakfast, we decided to sit outside on the front porch in the cool morning air. They set us up a nice table and served us the most fabulous food. Each morning was something different, but even more and more delicious. Fruits, quiche, French toast, egg roll, waffles, scones, muffins... I wish I could describe how delectable this food was because my words don't do it justice.
The location on the Inn was also wonderful. It was within walking distance to pretty much everything you need. At night (while eating our desserts) we would sit on the porch and people watch. It was so relaxing.
I honestly cannot say enough about Lynette and her staff. They made the last days of our vacation so memorable. My boyfriend and I had gotten engaged a few days earlier, and I cant think of a place I would have preferred to be to end our getaway. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We can't add much to the other glowing reviews. I cannot imagine the place would be the same without Lynette. Her main objective seems to be that you have a great time, make friends over breakfast and eat far too much lovely food. The Inn was beautifully furnished, the rooms were spotless and as I've mentioned the food......! There is loads to do in Ithica, the Finger Lakes are a photographers delight, Cornell University is interesting and there are plenty of walks around the area. The town itself is lovely with quirky shops, interesting restaurants and a good independent cinema.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Other reviewers have said it all before;this place is the best! Not only is Lynette the perfect innkeeper,but her assistant,Kate,was superb also,as was the breakfasts and everything else here! I will add that the location proved to be amazingly wonderful for someone who wants to be within walking distance of both numerous restaurants but also the locally famous "Commons" shopping area,and a few minutes drive from hiking trails,waterfalls,and the gigantic and beautiful Cornell campus.We'll be back!

Room Tip: If you are a disabled traveler,the Inn offers an ADA compliant room in the nearby Carriage House and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a simply wonderful time at the William Henry Inn for our anniversary getaway.
Lynette the innkeeper was very welcoming and most helpful in recommending some fine restaurants and directions to popular sites in the area. Wonderful hostess!! We stayed in the Aurora Room in the cottage which was private, spacious, comfortable and beautifully decorated... Perfect room. The breakfasts and nightly homemade desserts were just delicious!!! We would definitely enjoy coming back here in the future.

Room Tip: Aurora Room in the cottage nice and private.
1  Thank Hknaub54
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the William Henry Miller Inn as a stopover on our road trip from NYC to Niagara. What a lovely town and an even lovelier B&B ! We stayed in Danes Room which was perfect.....large, comfortable and with everything you could ever need. The staff were wonderful and very friendly and the breakfast was great. Would definitely be staying here again if visiting the area. First class.

Room Tip: Danes room. Perfect !!!!
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for three nights... the breakfasts were delightful and they were VERY accommodating. I am currently on Weight Watchers and needed skim mile daily, also needed my cooler freezer packs frozen each day... nothing was a problem for this innkeeper and staff. Lynnette was a wonderful conversationalist, if there was a question she immediately got her IPAD and got any one the answer!! The room was terrific... reading lamps by the bed (both sides) at the right height for actually reading!! Desserts were put out every night at 7:00PM... small bites, plus a couple of larger cakes or breads... delicious!! amazing really!!! Also the staff provided excellent ideas on what to see in the area and/or restaurants to try... all good options for us!!! DEFINITELY would/will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple