“Don't stay anywhere else in Ithaca!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
The William Henry Miller Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I can't say enough about the delightful William Henry Miller Inn. The beauty, charm and ambience of the Inn is exceptional and the warmth and welcome of the innkeepers is so special. You will love the location too. I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here with my parents in the fall, and I have been meaning to write this review for some time. The William Henry Miller Inn sets the standard for B&B accommodation, and having lived in the US for three years, without any exaggeration I can say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in America, with the service, atmosphere and charm second to none.

We called up at the last minute and met Lynnette, who was simply wonderful, incredibly warm and welcoming, and very helpful in directing us around Ithaca. The rooms were spacious and immaculate, and the bed was super comfy. The little things are what sets William Henry Miller Inn above the rest. Lynette had heard that my father is allergic to eggs, and so she had prepared an egg free cake especially for him on our arrival! Talk about service!

William Henry Miller Inn earns every one of its five stars.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First off you need to recognize that Ithaca, NY has about the worst collection of accommodations of any college town this size in the USA. That being said, we enjoyed our stay at the quirky, competent William Henry Miller Inn. Big pluses were the aforementioned location--you can leave your car for the weekend and walk almost everywhere-- two blocks from the Commons and near all the shops and restaurants. The Inn itself is quality--excellent gourmet breakfasts, comfortable beds and a friendly owner. Free wi-fi as well! There are a few negatives--the lighting in the rooms is bad, the steam heat oppressive one night and fine the next, etc. The TV is tiny and the room set up not terrific. But the price was good (especially since breakfast is included) and we had a very nice stay. We recommend it highly and will be back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Millerinn, Owner at The William Henry Miller Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thanks for your insightful review! First and foremost, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
I just wanted to address a couple of the points you raised. Single digit temperatures and an 1880 house can make my hair grayer than it is already! I am so sorry that you experienced the fluctuation in temperature. If you return again (and we sincerely hope you do!), please use the number for the Innkeeper on Duty ANYTIME---even 3AM. That's what we're here for! Your comfort is key to us and I literally sleep with the phone on my pillow. I'm ready at any hour to take care of what needs to be taken care of. And truly, your comfort is key.
We had just had a repair done on the furnace and it was almost like the repair gave it new life---I'm so sorry that you were so warm.
We are in the process of replacing all of the televisions to flat screen. It's just a matter of time before the one in your room will be upgraded.
And as far as the lighting and configuration--I will give that immediate attention. As someone who likes to read in bed, I know how important that is. Thank you for bringing that to our attention and again, we would have been happy to move other lamps in if we had known it was a problem. We try to do "light bulb check Monday" to be sure all bulbs are working as they should be---we slipped up here and I'm sorry.
We are so glad that you did enjoy your stay and I agree with you--I just love our location.
Thank you again!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here the first week in November 2012 (over two months ago). Today, I found myself on this site scouting out future travel plans when I was reminded of my experience at The WHM Inn. I have never written a lodging review before and I couldn't think of a better place to start! Dave and his staff went above and beyond any expectations my girlfriend and I could have had. As a seasonal business owner on Keuka Lake and former Marriott concierge, I am aware of the effort it takes to be successful in the hospitality industry and this crew makes it look effortless. The William Henry Miller will not disappoint. This is how an overnight stay is suppose to be.

Seth O.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I just got home from my mini-getaway to Ithaca with a friend to celebrate my sixtieth birthday, and the memory couldn't be better. The William Henry Miller Inn is conveniently located in downtown Ithaca, within an easy walking distance of the Commons and its numerous shops and restaurants. From the minute we walked through the door, Lynnette couldn't have been more gracious. The house is lovely, spotlessly maintained with antiques, yet very homey and cozy. Because the renovations on the bathroom in the room that we had reserved had not been completed, Lynnette gave us each our own room (I was traveling with a friend), with a private bathroom featuring a whirlpool tub, at no additonal cost. Lynnette offered helpful advice about dinner suggestions, and, after we returned from a delicious tapas dinner, she surprised me with a birthday cake, which was placed on the nightly dessert table. There's also no need to go hungry here,,,besides the delicious breakfast (with your choice of a sweet or savory offering), there is a fruit bowl and cookie jar, along with the aforementioned nightly dessert table! Everything was splendid...I made reservations for the summer before I left! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms my friend and I stayed in were lovely. I was in the Sanctuary and my friend stayed...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind, kind words and needless to say, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!
We love our desserts at night (some days I love them too much as my hips will attest....) and we're so glad that YOU loved it. Birthday cakes are lots of fun for us to do.
Thank you for your flexibility with the room change. We had anticipated that all would be done but working with an 1880 house always brings surprises that we didn't anticipate.
We'll be very happy to see you this summer --- there is just so much to do in Ithaca in the good weather!
Thank you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I feel so lucky to have discovered the Miller Inn on just my second visit to Ithaca....at the start of my daughter's 6 year program at Ithaca College. The Inn is perfectly located on the edge of downtown within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops. The rooms are lovely and spacious (I've stayed in several of them) and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts are truly to die for. But, the best thing about this Inn is the warm and welcoming hosts, Lynnette and Dave. The Miller Inn is my Ithaca home away from home and I would not think of staying anywhere else when I visit. A gem!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Believe me, the pleasure is all ours! It is just so wonderful to have our guests return. Like great family!
Thank you so much and we'll look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been guests at the Inn several times over the years as we make our way to and from upstate family visits, and always have a lovely experience -- Lynnette and Dave are always so welcoming, and make us feel so very cared for. We visited the Inn over the 2012 winter holidays, and it was the complete highlight of the entire two weeks. Our plans were last minute, but thankfully Lynnette and Dave had a room available (and had one for my husband on his return trip too - wish I had been there!). It was a cozy and warm space complete with fireplace and lots of books. Desserts at night are always excellent -- it's a real treat to find them out on the sideboard as if by magic, and we always try each and every one (and they are all great -- both Lynnette and Dave are amazing bakers). This year, with the lit Christmas tree and holiday decorations, it was wonderful. And breakfast in the morning is special -- always a choice of savory or sweet, accompanied by homemade baked goods and lots of friendly conversation with other guests, and Lynnette and Dave. We'll definitely come back as often as we can.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. Each is decorated in tasteful colors and with nice, solid furniture...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nycresident2010

We just love to have you stay at the Inn. Consider the "Red Carpet" always rolled out for you!
And thank you again. You make innkeeping a wonderful profession.