The William Henry Miller Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
$116
$110
$167
$144
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$151
$139
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$84
$163
$149
$260
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$144
Courtyard
$180
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$190
$170
Official Hotel
All reviewsdessert barhomemade dessertsb bcookiestwo blocksaurora roompeach cobblercarriage housewithin walking distanceeach eveningthought of everythingthe location is perfectwarm hospitalityother guestsjacuzzi tubhot coffeecornell campus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wonderful inn! Very nice rooms and the breakfasts and desserts are amazing. Lynnette is a truly wonderful innkeeper, providing lots of helpful information on what to do and see and where to eat. If we find ourselves in Ithaca again, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Millerinn, Owner at The William Henry Miller Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay!
One of the best things since opening the Inn is learning so much more about the area where we live---there is so much to do and something going on all the time. Doesn't even matter what the season. Winter is even busy!
Thank you again and if events bring you to Ithaca in the future, we sure would love to see you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I called The William Henry Miller Inn yesterday to find out some information regarding how far in advance we can book rooms. My son is going to be a freshman at Cornell and we wanted to know what our options were for lodging in Ithaca. Lynnette answered the phone and chatted with me for over 20 minutes. She was so friendly and offered so much information! I was so impressed with her attitude and willingness to help out a total stranger who had not even booked a room. I gave a five star review based on our conversation. We are making reservations today for a visit to campus in September and look forward to meeting Lynnette, eating the wonderful food detailed in numerous reviews and getting our first taste of B&B hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LB2362

You are so kind to write a review based on our conversation! Thank you so much.
It can be so difficult to try and navigate this college move in experience and thankfully, over the past thirteen years, we've been able to pick up quite a bit of information. It's our pleasure to share any information that we have to make your stay easier!
We'll look forward to meeting you in person!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was my first stay at the William Henry Miller Inn. I have stayed at three other hotels in the area, and although I like two of them very much, this inn has become my favorite. For starters, there's Lynette, one of the innkeeper/owners. She is so friendly and so welcoming! We learned a lot about the history of the Inn from her and its transformation into the first-rate bed and breakfast it is today. She showed us all of the rooms downstairs (each warm and inviting spaces) and introduced us to her rescue dog, an ancient animal who likes to bury herself under piles of blankets and pillows.

We stayed in the room called The Turret, which, appropriately, is on the top floor. It is a beautiful, large room with a queen bed and day bed, the latter tucked cozily into an alcove with its own lighting. I loved the yellow wallpaper with its background of blue flowers. I also loved the white wicker chair and accent pieces, the pretty wreath on the wall, and the vase of yellow silk flowers on top of the armoire. The bathroom is lovely, too, with a shower that contains built-in amenities (shampoo, gel, body wash). An especially nice touch in the bathroom were the "freebies" that included packets of makeup remover! Best of all, though, was the bedding, particularly the gorgeous sheets and pillowcases with crocheted trim. Very comfy mattress, too.

Several other travelers have commented on the amazing breakfasts; I will, too. Lynette really outdoes herself here. On the day of our stay, we had a choice between waffles and crustless quiche. My daughter chose the waffles, and I had the quiche. Both were unbelievably good. My quiche came with bacon and some of the best potatoes I've ever eaten. And then there were raspberry scones, an apple and pear cake, and homemade bread and jam. When I made my reservation, I told Lynette about my allergy to strawberries. She remembered (in fact, she mentioned this as soon as we entered the Inn, which was a thoughtful gesture) and selected oranges and pears for us. Very nice, and so very typical, it seems, of her genuine desire to be thoughtful and friendly.

Desserts are available in the evening. We had delicious chocolate chip cookies (they seem to be available all day long), white brownies with chocolate chips, chocolate brownies, and apple crisp. Pure heaven.

As we checked out, Lynette gave us bottled water, a little bag of cookies, and a banana for the trip home. Again, so very thoughtful.

The location downtown is just perfect, as there are tons of restaurants within walking distance. The Inn also has its own parking lot, which is very convenient.

The Inn has only 9 rooms, so if you've got your heart set on staying here, reserve well in advance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank teacher050

We thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words!
When reservations are taken, we always try to find out about any food issues and as you know, take them very seriously. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay--the breakfast and the room. And, of course, Millie who is a fixture in her basket in the Dining Room. She goes home with me at night but does love to sleep during the day as well.
We will be so happy to welcome you back and hope that we can even get Millie to greet you at the door!

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in a pretty attic room. Breakfast was the highlight: three or more courses, with homemade mango bread, blueberry scone, baked peaches, omelette or waffle or pancake. Behind the hotel is a lovely little walk past some waterfalls: ask Lynette to show you. She is lovely and very welcoming. I would never want to stay anywhere else while here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

To say that your review warmed my Innkeeper's heart, is an understatement. Thank you, thank you for your kind words.
On a daily basis, I look around the Inn and wonder what else we can do to make things more accessible, more comfortable. We sure do appreciate all that you said.
And, so glad that those sheets are soft as butter! We hand iron them all but have to start with a really good base.
Thank you and if you return to Ithaca, it will be our pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

A beautiful house, comfortable rooms, generous and kind host - what more could you want? Lynette and her staff are just lovely, I felt so welcomed and well cared for. I was in Ithaca for a week to visit dear friends who had just had a baby and WHM Inn was the perfect place to stay - ideal location downtown, beautiful, secure rooms, super friendly host. Thank you Lynette for your warmth and friendship - I"ll see you in a couple of years.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo