“Great Addition to the Ithaca restaurant market”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #76 of 268 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Lansing, New York
“Great Addition to the Ithaca restaurant market”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Yes, it is a chain, but you know what you are getting when you order it. We have been to other Chipotle's around the states, and they are always the same. Lots of flavor, always hot, and always friendly staff. I am glad to have this chain join the list of Ithaca restaurants, its a nice alternative. I have dined in or gotten take-out abour 10 times since they opened, and every experience has been the same, great!

Visited June 2012

Ithaca, New York, United States
“Other Chipotle's have higher standards”
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I visited this chipotle on 5/29/12. There were two people in front of me and I had to wait at least 5 minutes to place my order. Both of their orders were fairly simple; what held up the line was the cashier calling over to the guy in front of me and getting his order taken care of when there were guest waiting at the register. When this guy gets to this counter to order they have to stop everything to get more brown rice. The grill master looked the table over before this guy got to the table to order, why didn't he get more brown rice for the table seeing they were low. When I finally get to place my order the guy steaming the burritos seemed confused when I asked for a bowl, then as we move down the table table they skimp on everything and I have to ask to put in more. I don't have to do that at any other Chipotle. I finally get to pay and ask for chips. When I get the food home I find the chips are stale dispute them bringing more bags out when I went to pay. Even though I didn't eat at the faculty every table was dirty with reminents of food all over it. If they were busy I would be okay with it but with the restaurant being less than 25% full I would expect the tables to be cleaner no longer will I eat here until they raise their standard of quality!!!

Mount Dora, Florida
“Ithaca Show Down: Moe's v. Chipotle, and the winner is . . .”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I was happy that Ithaca got another new Chipotle. Actually we were happy to see any new place to eat. I have had Chipotle before but this time it was up against a true competitor: Moe's just South on 13. These establishments are very similar, and target the same demographic. This context and comparison really brought Chipotle into a clear light.

Pros

Chipotle is clean, neat, and has very modern furnishings. It can be tight at busy lunch times but the decor is very open and bright.

They advertise natural, farm fresh, beef, chicken, & pork.

Cons

CHIPS: They charge $2 for a small bag of processed chips and salsa Vs.
Moe's unlimited, fresh, free chips, and fresh salsas.

TOPPINGS: Chipotle has lettuce, salsa, beans, and cheese Vs.
Moe's additions of sauteed mushrooms, peppers, & onions also corn, chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and all of the above.

SERVING SIZE: Chipotle salad bowl and burritos are smaller than Moe's.

FOOD QUALITY: This is my one "big" pet peeve with Chipotle, my chicken meat had a mixture of connective tissue (ligaments, fat) and was not all chicken breast meat
Moe's has good quality chicken breast meat (they do not tout it is organic)

My kids enjoy Chipotle but they also like a great many restaurants I unfortunately do not.
For my money, between the quality of the food, the additonal toppings, the FREE chips, the salsa, and the portion sizes Moe's is a no brainer, Chipotle won't see me anytime in the near future.

• Visited February 2012