“Yummy meal”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a snowy day. Noodle soup with duck was a generous portion, in a delicious broth. The noodle plate with pork was also great. Lots of Vietnamese people eating there.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

One of Ithaca's newer Asian restaurants, run by the former owners of Wok Village. I love the scene - very bright, light, and dynamic. I am stuck on the pho and have not tried anything else... because I just love it! I hope they do well in their new spot and with their new menu.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This review is going to sound like it was written by the staff, but it is just from a fan. I'm actually not a big fan of Vietnamese food and I've even been to the real Saigon. But Saigon Kitchen puts my views to shame. The food here is good--real good. I've never had a bad dish; the worst ones were only good and the best are incredible. The pho is tasty, the beef com dia is terrific, and the peanut dipping sauce is the best I've ever had. The service is warm and attentive--like at a much more expensive restaurant. It's not a fancy place but it is attractive and clean. In a big city, Saigon Kitchen would still be among the best Vietnamese restaurants around--in Ithaca, it is amongst the very best restaurants period. I know people that go there once a week or more. And maybe that's why there is often a line at the door. I even hate writing this so as to create more of a line. But I'd rather SK stay in business forever and they deserve it. Bravo.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Eat here often with friends and family and the food always arrives full of fresh herbs and ingredients. The Pho is wonderful and the staff is welcoming.

1  Thank BackpackingNana
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Two of us showed up on a Saturday night with no reservations. The hostess was friendly but runs a tight ship. We waited a pleasant 20 minutes although their popularity plainly exceeds their capacity. If its busy, be prepared to wait outside. A small note invites you to wait at the bar down the street. The diners were a rainbow of ethnicity which we took as a good sign.

Our waitress was prompt, warm and businesslike. Too busy for chit-chat but was knowledgeable enough to help two Vietnamese food novices. While we were waiting we checked out the various dishes coming out of the kitchen. Portions were generous and the presentations lovely. We had fried Calamari for an appetizer, a grilled meat platter (shrimp, beef and chicken) and a lemon grass chicken vermicelli. The various sauces were flavorful without cloying sweetness, the calamari had a crunchy breading with substantial hunks of salty, flavorful meat. The jasmine rice was perfectly cooked and fragrant and the vegetables, raw and cooked, were surprisingly fresh. Price for two with tip was $35 without wine or dessert.
Other diners raved about their pretty fruit smoothie-type drinks and their tall bubbly tapioca/fruit desserts. (not even going to try to recall the Vietnamese names)
All in all, we were VERY happy and the diners around were all in good spirits and obviously enjoying their meals. The staff managed a couple large tables of eight and the inconveniences of the tight quarters were far outweighed by the atmosphere. We will be back. Many times I suspect.