“Inconsistent take-out pizza”

Cuisines: American
A TripAdvisor Member
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Northeast Pizza in the Scale House is our closest non-franchise pizza purveyor, and we've ordered dozens of pizzas from them since they opened.

I'm not terribly picky about pizza, but lately I've been so incredibly disappointed that I'm giving up. Every now and again you'll get a tasty pizza with sauce that has good flavor, cheese (or other toppings) distributed reasonably well, and a crust that is cooked through. But lately, getting a good pizza there has become the equivalent of winning the lottery--it's a rare event. More often than not, we end up with a soggy, tasteless mess.

In an effort to ensure that the pizza is well enough baked that we can at least get it out of the box using a spatula, we've asked for it "well done." (This is a sure sign of desperation, is it not?)

No luck.

Our last order was so undercooked in the center that I couldn't even scoop it out with a pancake turner--and the parts that were baked enough to be eaten turned out to be tasteless. (I honestly think the "sauce" was uncooked, unadulterated tomato sauce.)

Ordering pizza for take-out shouldn't be the dining equivalent of playing roulette, so we'll be trying elsewhere.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently ate here for the second time, the first time being a couple of months ago. Both the quality of the food and the service where down from the first time. My calzone didn't have much taste to it. The pizza was ok, but nothing spectacular. After the food arrived, we never heard from the server until the check arrived.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Excellent Pizza and Service. They brew their own beer in small batches. The night we went, they were out of IPA's, but had a good bottled selection...went with a local brew from Ithaca Beer Co. (Also listed in Trip Advisors). My wife on the other hand, had no problem with her beer selection. There was live music from local talent, which may be so-so, but its a crap shoot at a place like this. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in a nearby hotel and found this place. Their house microbrews were very good. Food is standard pub fare. Average. It was kareoke night, so that was good for a laugh.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

In reading the other reviews, I see that they go back a ways. Unfortunately, this was the most disappointing Ithaca restaurant we've eaten in for years. The low point? My wife's turkey club sandwich. And as she put it: "How can you ruin a turkey club sandwich?" The turkey was cheap pressed meat. And I, being a big fan of microbreweries was equally disappointed. My burger was done to order, but griddle fried and lacking in flavor. The only bright spot was the new and genuine restaurant manager. I hope he can manage to turn things around.