Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
$110
$144
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$139
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$84
$149
$260
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$134
$180
La Tourelle Hotel, Bistro, Spa(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$190
$170
Official Hotel
All reviewsbusiness parktypical courtyardfront deskgreat marriottcourtyard marriottsapsucker woodsnice hotelsmall poolbreakfast and dinnercayuga heightswould definitely stay here againhotel is locatedminute drivemy daughtercomfortable roomsworkout roomvisiting cornell
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2012

With a son attending college in Ithaca we have already made a number of trips plus expect to be making many more. As frequent stayers at Marriott hotels this was by far the nicest yet. More Marriott like thaca courtyard. The rooms were large, the beds comfortable, and the service exceptional. While a bit more expensive than te other places we have stayed at, it was the cleanest, most spacious so far.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank bklynred
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Generally an adequate stay but then there was the scheduling, or lack thereof of the morning shuttle. I saw it coming as I inquired as to the time of departure as I came down for breakfast. I was told the shuttle leaves on the hour, but as I looked up, at 10 minutes to the hour, the shuttle driver puller up to the front door, and i jumped in and then off we headed to the airport, when I asked to go to campus. It appears the driver was instructed to go get someone at the airport who then asked to be delivered to the university, by passing four other pasengers back at the hotel awaiting the scheduled on the hour pick up service. So, swinging back around and back the to hotel about 10 minutes after the hour, picking up three passengers, the entire set of passengers spent the next 20-40 minutes looking at their watches as they wondered aloud what the drop off order would be at the Law School, busiess school and the IRL Conference Center and if they would make the 8:30 and 8:45am appointments and meetings. What a mess and state of chaos.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 13, 2012

(Disclosure: I'm a TripAdvisor employee and this was a business trip, but the hotel did not know that.)

The Courtyard's staff was very accommodating and friendly. I was very impressed with everyone! The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was OK which is why I didn't go for the top rating - the eggs on the buffet line tasted metallic. Loved the mini mart next to the front desk for grabbing snacks and essentials. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great front desk staff. The food in the pantry was way overpriced. The breakfast buffet was sub par and pricey. The rooms were large and clean. I was very disappointed after spending 2 nights, that the housecleaning staff didn't change our sheets! When I realized that they hadn't changed them, I went down to talk to a housekeeping staff member and she was on her way off duty but she went in to the laundry room to get clean sheets. I later returned to my room and she never did change them! That was disappointing! There was one server in the breakfast room who was not very pleasant either. We always felt like we were rushed because she was leaving for the day. The hot tub was real nice! All in all, it was a good stay, despite the housekeeping issue.

Room Tip: This hotel is NOT in the middle of Ithaca, it's about a 10 minute drive to town.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I'm accustomed to being treated well when we stay at Marriott hotels, and frequently they do nice things for their Gold Elite travelers. This hotel was just the opposite. Although the room was nice, as is expected in a hotel costing this much per night, it failed to satisfy any of my room preferences, even though I made my reservation two months in advance. I realize this can sometimes happen, but our experience was inexcusable.

After checking in, we left the hotel shortly to join our party for the evening. When we came back to our room and were walking around barefoot, we started stepping on small hard objects in the carpet. Each time we picked one of the "things" from our foot and threw it in the waste basket, we wondered why the carpet hadn't been vacuumed before we arrived. With it being around midnight, I decided to investigate more in the morning.

At 5:15 a.m. I awoke to a dog barking in the hallway. I got up and peeked out the peephole and saw a woman with a black lab going into the room across the hall. I went back to bed, as this was not close to the time we were planning to arise on a Saturday morning!

A couple of hours later, in the light of day, I picked up more of the little nuggets that stuck to my feet, and then discovered a small pile of them near the door. Dog food!! How disgusting to be walking around stepping on what an animal had spread around the room.

A short while later when I heard voices outside the room, I stepped out and talked with a couple of Marriott employees. When I asked if the rooms on this hallway were used by people staying with animals, they told me that indeed they were. When I told them what I had found on the carpet, they said "That's terrible" and offered to get housekeeping to vacuum the room immediately. I said that could wait a couple of hours because we would be gone for the rest of the day.

Later when I spoke with the man at the front desk who had checked us in the previous afternoon, I told him what had happened. He seemed amazed - even defensive - saying that never happens at this hotel. He eventually apologized and said he would have the carpet vacuumed. Well, of course!

What truly surprised me was that we were not offered a little favor in compensation for the awful condition of the room (like breakfast on the house). I had requested a quiet room, which means away from barking dogs (and the ice machine, which was across the hall, too); a high floor (which usually means quieter), but our room was on the first floor; and "feather free" because of allergies - something definitely not accommodated in a room used by animals. James, at the front desk, obviously didn't really care.

We won't be staying at this hotel again, and I recommend that anyone who thinks this property will live up to Marriott standards, choose somewhere else instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family