“Clean, comfortable & affordable”

Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Rochester, New York
“Clean, comfortable & affordable”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great front desk staff. The food in the pantry was way overpriced. The breakfast buffet was sub par and pricey. The rooms were large and clean. I was very disappointed after spending 2 nights, that the housecleaning staff didn't change our sheets! When I realized that they hadn't changed them, I went down to talk to a housekeeping staff member and she was on her way off duty but she went in to the laundry room to get clean sheets. I later returned to my room and she never did change them! That was disappointing! There was one server in the breakfast room who was not very pleasant either. We always felt like we were rushed because she was leaving for the day. The hot tub was real nice! All in all, it was a good stay, despite the housekeeping issue.

Room Tip: This hotel is NOT in the middle of Ithaca, it's about a 10 minute drive to town.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I'm accustomed to being treated well when we stay at Marriott hotels, and frequently they do nice things for their Gold Elite travelers. This hotel was just the opposite. Although the room was nice, as is expected in a hotel costing this much per night, it failed to satisfy any of my room preferences, even though I made my reservation two months in advance. I realize this can sometimes happen, but our experience was inexcusable.

After checking in, we left the hotel shortly to join our party for the evening. When we came back to our room and were walking around barefoot, we started stepping on small hard objects in the carpet. Each time we picked one of the "things" from our foot and threw it in the waste basket, we wondered why the carpet hadn't been vacuumed before we arrived. With it being around midnight, I decided to investigate more in the morning.

At 5:15 a.m. I awoke to a dog barking in the hallway. I got up and peeked out the peephole and saw a woman with a black lab going into the room across the hall. I went back to bed, as this was not close to the time we were planning to arise on a Saturday morning!

A couple of hours later, in the light of day, I picked up more of the little nuggets that stuck to my feet, and then discovered a small pile of them near the door. Dog food!! How disgusting to be walking around stepping on what an animal had spread around the room.

A short while later when I heard voices outside the room, I stepped out and talked with a couple of Marriott employees. When I asked if the rooms on this hallway were used by people staying with animals, they told me that indeed they were. When I told them what I had found on the carpet, they said "That's terrible" and offered to get housekeeping to vacuum the room immediately. I said that could wait a couple of hours because we would be gone for the rest of the day.

Later when I spoke with the man at the front desk who had checked us in the previous afternoon, I told him what had happened. He seemed amazed - even defensive - saying that never happens at this hotel. He eventually apologized and said he would have the carpet vacuumed. Well, of course!

What truly surprised me was that we were not offered a little favor in compensation for the awful condition of the room (like breakfast on the house). I had requested a quiet room, which means away from barking dogs (and the ice machine, which was across the hall, too); a high floor (which usually means quieter), but our room was on the first floor; and "feather free" because of allergies - something definitely not accommodated in a room used by animals. James, at the front desk, obviously didn't really care.

We won't be staying at this hotel again, and I recommend that anyone who thinks this property will live up to Marriott standards, choose somewhere else instead.

1 Thank pvrlover
New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The Hotel was clean and the desk people were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was a typical Marriott experience and I would have only one complaint THE PRICE!!!! it was a bit pricey for the area. But they get what they can when staying in Ithaca. I will be back

Thanks

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms were quiet and the one with the king bed comes with a nice couch as well
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 26, 2012

At the last minute I needed a hotel and since I had a 5:40 am flight the next morning, I chose this one as it was the only one with any space that weekend. The price was much higher than what I would have wanted or expected to pay ($216 + tax) but I was desperate. Well, I must say I had a very good time there....it is immaculately clean, remarkably quiet considering it was fully booked, and the pool was quite wonderful. The staff were helpful and there was plenty of parking. Only half a mile from the airport, it took about two minutes to get over there. The only thing I didn't like was the price...but it was a provider's market that weekend; I think $120 max would have been more in line with what it offers.

NYC
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were visiting Cornell University and unsure of where to stay in Ithaca and chose the Marriott based on other reviews. We agree with all the positive reviews. The hotel is located in a very quiet corporate park not far from Cornell. We asked for a quiet room and were given room 303 which was as far away as you could get from the elevator and by the stairs so that we could slip in and out without having to bump into anyone at all. That said, the front desk staff was welcoming and very helpful with directions and recommendations for dinner. The room was a bit different in that it had two sinks -- but that never hurts! It was very clean and comfortable. Our only kind-of negative comment is that we found the carpet a little hard to take, but that is a small concern indeed. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank babettetravels
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Only good things to say... It is a little out of the way, but still less than 10 minutes from Cornell and other Ithaca attractions. Hotel was always clean and staff was always professional and kind! I will certainly stay there again!

San Francisco
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott during a three day visit to my reunion at Cornell. Prices were jacked up a bit for the reunion weekend, but I guess I can't blame them for demand pricing.

The hotel was very comfortable and had the high level of cleanliness and service one would expect from Marriott. Though a few miles away, it was very convenient to drive to just about all parts of the sprawling Cornell campus and it was an easy drive to downtown Ithaca as well. The hotel is adjacent to the Ithaca airport but we did not fly to Ithaca.

Only a couple of minor caveats: the breakfast (not included) was loaded with high-caloric items and had minimal fruit and other healthy food. Also, the front-desk staff, while very friendly, had less knowledge of the surrounding area than I would have expected.

Overall it was an excellent experience and, based on discussions, we did much better than those staying in dorms or other hotels.

Room Tip: Our room, located on the north side upper floor, was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple