“Proud to have Mia in Ithaca”

Mia Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Mia restaurant features fine cuisine from many Asian countries in a unique and beautiful atmosphere. At Mia we offer an eclectic menu and when available we pride ourselves in using local produce, sustainably harvested seafood, and hormone & antibiotic free meats for our Slow Food Pan-Asian cuisine.
Reviewed September 26, 2011

At first I was skeptical because I expected this to be more like a Singaporean restaurant with every dish a pan-Asian fusion. It really features more upscale Indian and also Thai dishes (not a blend). We've eaten there three times and are very impressed. The servings are beautiful and ample. They've given detailed attention to every aspect of the dining room and the dining experience, so Thank you Mia! Regarding Pricing: the food seems very fairly priced given the flavors, freshness, quality and presentation. The wines seem overpriced. When I eat this style food, I really like 1 or 2 glasses of wine. But that can really add up here.

3  Thank WellFedTrvlr

Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I recently ate at Mia and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The decor was modern yet comfortable with a warm color palate. The service was attentive, but not overbearing. They give a small cup of miso before the meal - a nice touch that gets one in the right frame of mind. We shared three small plates/apps, one entree, and a dessert - all very good. I have never had prawns that were so flavorful before! (They were pan seared with a mango tamarind chutney.) The warm tofu salad was a pleasant surprise. The tandoori quail was fine but I wouldn't get again considering all the other wonderful items on the menu. The red snapper Kerala style was served with a delicious curried tomato-based sauce and jasmine rice. The cardamom custard dessert was more like a bread pudding and had pistachios and vanilla gelato - sublime! The wine list was just the right length and variety. We loved the cilantro lime martini. I wish their coffee was one of the local Ithaca roasters. As far as pricing goes, many of the dishes seemed $2-3 higher than I would expect, but I know that they try to source "sustainably raised or harvested" products, so maybe that's why.

4  Thank Vic_Ithaca
Reviewed August 31, 2011

For a restaurant in this price range one expects promt service, knowledgable servers and to simply be taken good care off not only by the servers but also by the manager as well. Maybe in a few months they will get their act together...

1  Thank 4USTravelers
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We dined at Mia Aug 13, 2011. the food was excellent, well preparent, well served and well presented. It's a brand new restaurant, very modern, very clean. They have great desserts also. We had a wonderful time.

4  Thank LakeUpstateNY
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We went for our anniversary, on my wife's recommendation.

They offered cocktails, wine, and cold sake. The passion fruit caipiroska was excellent.

We ate family-style, which they accomodated without difficulty.

The hajiki salad and thai bouillabaisse were fantastic. The ratatouille was splendid. The duck was unbelievably good. It reminded me of duck confit.

The interior was tastefully decorated with paintings from many periods and artists.

8  Thank Emdoctor