“Great produce, great food!”

Ithaca Farmers Market
Ranked #10 of 67 things to do in Ithaca
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We love going to Ithaca Farmer's Market for an afternoon, and always bring guests when they are in town. We buy local produce, and always have lunch from a different international vendor. We love the variety of choices, and the freshness of all the foods! Vendors are so friendly, and it's a great laid back atmosphere. Grab lunch and sit next to the canal on benches with local musicians playing for the crowd. Just terrific!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family has been going to the Ithaca farmer's market for two years - It is a day trip for us from Binghamton but the market has such diversity and unique products that it is well worth the trip. What we really appreciate is the number of vendors who have gluten free freshly prepared food that is so delicious!! Both my son and I are on gluten free diets because of Celiac disease and everyone is very knowledgeable (deep frying gluten free falafel in separate oil then the regular) and helpful. The atmosphere is a fantastic mix of aromas, people watching and enjoying the scenery of Cayuga Lake. A MUST GO STOP for lunch and some great fresh local produce!! If you get too full go take a hike at one of the very close by trails to see GORGES and WATERFALLS!!

1  Thank Kristin B
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was the first weekendfor the 2013 openning season. There was a great selection of booths ranging from homemade crafts to many food stalls to enjoy brunch or lunch. The hand made items were great quality and very creative. Everything was reasonable priced for what it offered. There were a few bakerys with fantatic selections of breads and goodies. The pottery was very beautiful and had many functional pieces. The food choices for lunch were numerous and priced well and delicious. The people were just friendly andeasy going. It was a really nice added special to our day.

2  Thank travelingmom1374
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The farmers market in Ithaca is a must do experience especially when you are new to the area. I am a transplant from Central California and this one experience during my first summer living in Ithaca was most helpful for me to understand the ithacan culture. Lots of local businesses, farmers, artists, food vendors, and even musicians come out every weekend starting in spring when the sun starts to shine again and ending in fall when everything gets put away for the winter months. This is a very organic and dare i say hippie dippy community (In a good way) and this farmers market is by far one of the best I have ever seen. my husband and i always head down to buy unique plant starts for our garden that we are not able to find anywhere else. Go On try it out! Make a day of it.

1  Thank KRL32
Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you're looking for a great, inexpensive way to spend a weekend afternoon in Ithaca, then you have plenty of options. Between the State Parks, the Colleges, and the downtown, there's plenty to do. One of my favorite places I've visited here was the Farmer's Market. Yes, it's crowded. But that's part of the experience. There is a TON of variety in food here, so come hungry. Grab a bite to eat and then head the the waterfront and watch the ducks, geese, and kayakers paddle by. Plenty of local vendors for veggies, meats, wine, and cheese, so bring your cooler bags!

I would recommend, however, that you use the restroom BEFORE coming here. It only has two small restrooms that had a line 2-3 people deep every time we walked by.

1  Thank Dan C