“The Bees Knees”

Mercato Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open since November 2010, Mercato Bar & Kitchen offers Italian inspired seasonally conscious cuisine, an extensive specialty cocktail program and Italian and New York state wines.
Toronto
“The Bees Knees”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was visiting Cornell for a few days and my dinner here was easily the best meal of my trip.

In particular, the ravioli was very nice and the lemon panna cotta was excellent. I also enjoyed their Bees Knees cocktail (honey, lemon and gin). The wait staff were all very polite and super attentive.

I will absolutely return, the next time I am in Ithaca.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Toronto_Blueberry

Bogota, Colombia
“great wine selection, delicious creative menu”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Went there when a friend came to visit from out of town. The food was really delicious and the wine they recommended was absolutely fantastic. We had a minor incident while waiting at the bar. There was a bowl of lemons and limes that looked like were there for decoration. I picked one up and the bar tender was quite rude as he informed me that people were going to eat those and I should not touch them. I was very surprised by his tone, but even more surprised that they had something that they put in drink right on the bar. When we told our waitress about the situation, she said this was not the first time the bar tender was rude to customers, apologized and gave us free dessert!

Visited February 2012
NY
“Fabulous meal”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Friends, my wife, and I ate at Mercato tonight. It's always a pleasure.

We were warmly greeted at the door. Seated immediately.

We had cocktails and the house specialties are fabulous.

We started with prepared meats and cheese, frisee and radicchio salad, and clams casino. Terrific starters.

For dinner, Gnocchi with eggplant and tomatoes, chicken saltimbocca, and swordfish en papillotte. Fabulous!

Finished with pot de creme and homemade ice cream sandwich. Splendid end!

I can't wait to return.

1 Thank Emdoctor
Ithaca, New York, United States
“Foodies, Pay Attention!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Professional and knowledgeable staff; a low-key and refined atmosphere; varied and savvy wine list. Oh yeah, perfectly executed, amazing cuisine!

• Visited August 2012
New Jersey
“Great food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stopped into this restaurant during our stroll through Downtown Ithaca. The food here was excellent. Fresh fish and wonderful pasta dishes. The staff and owner made you feel very welcome. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2012