“Good Italian Food - Alternate Choice Menus”

Ciao Wood-Fired Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #15 of 269 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ciao! Ciao! is a casual fine dining, Italian restaurant that invites all ages. We specialize in Italian food with an authentic Tuscan flare. We also offer artisan pizzas that are hand-crafted and cooked to order in our wood-fired oven, which is visible throughout that restaurant. The pizzas and pastas are specially crafted, and everything we serve is made from the highest quality ingredients and is all made in-house. The ambiance and décor has a distinct personality that sets a mood for high-energy fun and entertainment.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went to Ciao for a late lunch, so it was not crowded, as it usually is! The wait staff was attentive and the food was very good. I have a wheat allergy and they have non-wheat meals and also have gluten free choices (pizza, pasta). They also have a Vegan/vegetarian menu.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Ithaca's own unique version of an Italian Trattoria. I've always had great food and service here. However, when it's full, the noise level makes it difficult to talk and hear your companions.

1  Thank IrishRoever
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The atmosphere of this restaurant brings "chain family restaurant" (=pleasant, boring) to mind, so my expectations were quite low. I love positive surprises! My brother and I had a good house salad, then split two entrees: chicken parm and meat lasagna. The tomato sauce was rich and flavorful, the chicken crisp and the lasagna quite wonderful, neither too chewy nor too sloppy, both of which I hate, and wonderfully seasoned. We followed these up with "limoncello marscapone cake" which was divine. Everything very reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Once I had pasta and it was just OK. Then I had the pizza and it tasted like plastic.Just because people go there doesn't mean it's worth going, especially when you have to wait in line for 30 min.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

When we saw this place it looked pretty boring and we weren't sure what to expect. We were thinking it may be like a Pizza Hut kind of place. Wow, were we wrong! It is a very "casual fancy" place with great decor and atmosphere. Our waiter, Justin, was very helpful with narrowing down our choices because so many things sounded good. We started off with Arancini appetizers. They were amazing. Then we each got a wood fired pizza. They are 11" pizzas cut into 8 slices. We had plenty for leftovers. The pizza was excellent. Very happy to have stopped here.