“Good food, take out”

Ranked #15 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Ciao! Ciao! is a casual fine dining, Italian restaurant that invites all ages. We specialize in Italian food with an authentic Tuscan flare. We also offer artisan pizzas that are hand-crafted and cooked to order in our wood-fired oven, which is visible throughout that restaurant. The pizzas and pastas are specially crafted, and everything we serve is made from the highest quality ingredients and is all made in-house. The ambiance and décor has a distinct personality that sets a mood for high-energy fun and entertainment.
Rochester, New York
“Good food, take out”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ordered a pizza and it was yummy! We didn't dine in but from what I saw of the inside of the restaurant, it looked clean and had a very nice atmosphere! I would definitely go back there if I was in the Ithaca area.

• Visited July 2012

Ithaca, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful experience start to finish”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very clean & inviting upon arrival. Plenty of beverage options...my guest has wheat allergy and was even able to enjoy a gluten free beer! We started with arrancini which was amazing. I devoured a delicious chicken piccata entree followed by hazelnut biscotti gelato. The service was great. We will return!

Endicott, New York
“A very Good Restraunt”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Very good food, great service.
Dinned there twice and the food was excellent. If you visit Ithaca, Make sure you try this place, you won't be sorry.

Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

With little options, Ciao is very good. The bartender was friendly and the food was good. Consistant as I ate there 4 or 5 times. If you must eat out and you are not in the commons area, this would be my recommendation.

Visited June 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Fancy Name, Below Average Place”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The area has been a-buzz about Ciao but it reality, the place is mediocre at best. The layout of the tables, bar and kitchen are sort of odd. It creates several zones where you're either crowded, feel like your on a stage platform or sitting next to the bar and its usually overly loud patrons.

The menu proclaims that you shouldn't confuse burned with kissed by the flames. I've been around enough ovens to know burned beyond "carmelizing". When I brought this to the attention of the waitress I was told, "that's the way its served". Ahhh! I didn't understand that the pizzas were touched by the flames of hell.

The soundtrack to this culinary disaster? A loud music track - best of the 80's. I contemplated the carbonized, over-priced slab of dough to the strains of, "YOU GOTTA FIGHT - FOR YOUR RIGHT - TO PARRRRRRRRRTEEEEEEEEEE!". Wonderful. Added to the ambience.

As I sat there with my daughter, the bar area became louder and louder. This continued with the addition of a few f-bombs. When I asked the waitress to ask the manager to quiet the drunk down I was told, "He won't do anything - that's a friend of the owners."

Wonderful.

Want a better experience? Drive to Cortland and visit Brixx. Yes its loud - its a college bar. It doesn't put on airs and charge you extra for the "Ithaca" experience. But, the food? Far better.

• Visited August 2011