“Two wonderful tours”

Experience! The Finger Lakes Tours
Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Ithaca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Specializing in high-quality, personalized, and guided tours in the Finger Lakes. Our experiences include wine tours, gorge and waterfall tours, boat cruising, and heritage tours of the area.Our goal is to have you experience the region as the locals do, appreciating its regional bounty, natural beauty, cultural opportunities and historical significance.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked two tours-- Vine, Wine and Dine on East Seneca Lake, and Cayuga Wine Trail West-- with Experience! The Finger Lakes wanting to visit some wineries on both Seneca Lake and Cayuga Lake. Each tour included four wineries, private tastings, and food pairings. Each day we were picked up at our hotel by personable, informative tour guides and taken to picturesque wineries. At each winery, we received private tastings accompanied by food pairings that only proved to enhance the taste of the wine. We were actually treated like family at several of the wineries and given a "behind the scenes" tours with the owners themselves, which added to the experience.
The tour guides added information about the area while we traveled from winery to winery, catered to our every whim, and provided some specials treats at the end that created wonderful memories!
Thanks for such royal treatment, fabulous wines, delicious food pairings, and delightful people to make this experience the absolute best.
We will be returning.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

What a fun time. We got to walk around the Silver Queen Farm and the owner told us about his methods of farming. Then we went to the Silver Thread winery and had a very informative wine tasting. After that we went to the Red Newt Bistro where we had a cooking lesson using the ingredients we brought with us from the farm and winery we just visited. Most of the ingredients used for our meal was locally grown. We had a great day. Our tour guide Rachel was bubbly and full of information on the area.

1  Thank Sue S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I hired Laura Winter Falk from Experience The Finger Lakes to come to my home to give a private "tasting" for myself and 13 friends last month. We all had a wonderful time. Laura asked about wine preferences and allergies up front so we knew everything would be great. She brought food pairings to go with each wine and explained how to bring out the flavors and aromas with the right wine and food pairing. I would do this event again! BTW, I had previously met Laura on a group wine tour in Ithaca and was impressed. That's why I contacted her again when I wanted to have my group do a wine tour. But this time, the "tour" came to us. I highly recommend this.

1  Thank lynne b
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The super friendly, very knowledgeable and fellow cat lover Steph lead our 8 person tour. We took the SWaB and we're able to visit a distillery, 2 wineries and a brewery. Loved the food pairings at each stop. It kept it from being a run of the mill tour. We were also pleased to find that after spending a few hours with our tour guide that we basically ended up with another self guided tour set for the following day because she had so many great suggestions on what to do! Hoping to make this an annual vacation.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had the most amazing day. You visit both a farm and a winery to gather ingredients for your cooking class with a Chef from the show Chopped. Delicious food, delicious wine, and one of the best trips that I have been on.

1  Thank Ken H