“May this resuaurant prosper”
Review of Mira Mediterranean Bistro - CLOSED

Mira Mediterranean Bistro
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
kimberton, PA
“May this resuaurant prosper”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

so when we go to Ithaca again, it will be there. Smartly, expertly prepared and served mediterranean, lebanese cuisine, but don't be worried about "ethnic" (enticed yes, worried, no). The food is creative and nourishing as well as really really good. Congratulations, Mira!

• Visited July 2011

Ithaca, New York
“Our First Choice Every Time!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Mira Mediterranean Bistro is a hidden jewel. A wonderful restaurant in an unexpected location. The food is excellent and the environment is subdued and tranquil. My husband and I have eaten there several times and find ourselves chosing this little bistro over the other Ithaca area eateries almost every time we go out. It is our new favorite place. Everything is fresh and the combinations of flavors are interesting and delicious. We often take family and friends there and they rave about the food and insist that we revisit Mira Bistro the next time they are in town. We have tried almost everything on the menu and I can't decide which dish is my favorite. I am not one that usually orders beef, but the beef kabobs are tender, juicy and deliciously seasoned. The vegetable sides are so outstanding that I have tried to replicate them myself at home (with not much success). The salads are fresh and delicious, the calamari is the best in town, the Kibbeh and Lebanese rice are the among the best I have had (and I grew up on Middle Eastern food). The seasonal pasta dishes are always out of the ordinary and intriguing. There is something on the menu for everyone and it is so nice to know that there is a place that actually serves healthy food without making you feel deprived in anyway. I always leave there so impressed with the unique and interesting combinations of ingredients and flavors. It is definitely anything but your average eatery. When you eat there, you come to understand that the owners and chef aren't just serving dinner, but have a true knowledge of and respect for the culinary arts. I could go on and on..........and I haven't even touched upon the mouth-watering desserts. Add to this extremely reasonable prices and great service and you can't go wrong. We are hooked!

• Visited July 2011
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,150 restaurant reviews
“Do not be steered away by location - go inside!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Yes, it is outside the main area of town, and yes it is in a unappealing strip plaza - but this is a great place to eat. Inside is a nice simple decor. Service was a negative as our server did not know the menu - could not answer questions. We had a starter of five different items. One of use enjoyed it, the other not so much. At $10 a bargain to taste many flavors. For dinner, a large piece of chicken breast stuffed with feta. Not only large portion and good flavor - but one of juiciest ever. Other entree was salmon on couscous - very good. Overall, a good experience.

• Visited June 2011
“Outstanding New Ithaca Eatery”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Four of us went to Mira on a Monday evening. We arrived pretty early, around 6:30, and were asked if we had a reservation. We chuckled since we were the only ones in the small establishment. It is located in a city strip mall with a large parking lot. None of us drink wine so ee started with salads. The two women each had "Lebanese 'Fattoush' Salad" which was like a regular salad - lettuce, scallion, cukes etc. with crispy pita. My brother-in-law had a delicious grilled asparagus and garlic salad and I had a salad with pea shoots and arugula. All of the salads were outstanding. The table was served four small crispy, spicy pieces of pita with some type of dip. We could have eaten another 20 pieces.

For the main course, one of us had spaghetti with white sauce and littleneck clams, two of us had lamb kebobs, and I had kafta. Everything was outstanding and too much food. The garlic and wine sauce for the spaghetti was superb with a copius number of perfectlly cooked clams in their shells. The kebobs were wonderful as was the kafta. The lamb, in the kebabs, was a bit like old fashioned lamb. It was not as mild as most people expect from modern lamb. Some might call it gamey. The kefta was outstanding - well done and very juicy. All of the meat entrees were accompanied outstanding tasting rice. The four of us finished every morsel but had no room at all for dessert. It was not inexpensive but worth every dollar.

We will return.

• Visited June 2011
Ithaca
“Great Evening at Mira”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I'm not one to write reviews for anything, but the group that I dined with last week were so impressed by Mira that I wanted to give them some praise. I would have never known Mira was even there had it not been for my dining companion, yet the restaurant was full.
The service was friendly and decent for a busy night, but it was more the ambiance and food that will lure me back. The pork chop was beyond words, seasoned and cooked perfectly, I'm not sure I'll be able to order anything but that the next time I'm in! Prices were very reasonable and a nice selection of wines, although I would have liked to have a cocktail to start...
From the moment we walked in the door and were greeted till we left and were thanked our night was memorable. We will be back!

• Visited February 2011