“One of the nicest BnBs out there”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
Bostwick House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 17 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Riverhead, New York, United States
“One of the nicest BnBs out there”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It's official. I won't stay at a hotel in Ithaca anymore. Located high up on a hill/mountain, you'll think you're headed to Timbuktu - but not to worry, just when you think you can't get much higher, there it is - Bostwick House. We recently enjoyed our second stay and were just as pleased as the first time. Maryrose is a delight. The place is spotless and her breakfasts are simply yummy. Don't hesitate one iota - take the plunge and book it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Bostwick House was my first experience at an American B&B and I was utterly impressed.
The house is beautiful and inviting with a very convenient location. The views from the front and side porches are breathtaking.
The decor is wonderful with meticulous attention to detail.
My room, The Library Suite, was comfy and private. I looked forward to snuggling in my bed each night.
The innkeepers, Maryrose and Dave, are delightful! Both were welcoming and are very knowledgable about the area.
The breakfasts were amazing. I'd be happy to give Maryrose all of the credit, but the fresh eggs collected from their chicken house were a very nice touch.
If I am ever in the area again, I would love to stay at the Bostwick House. I will continue to recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Lovely, charming, beautiful inn with delicious, fresh, nutritious breakfasts!
What a find!
Beautifully restored rooms, with luxury materials and furnishings. Breakfast is top notch: Delicious quiche made from their homegrown hen eggs, pancakes, fresh fruit and juice, yogurts and muffins, coffees and teas.
Close to Ithaca and the Finger Lakes.

• Stayed August 2012
Ithaca NY
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I enjoyed my third stay at Bostwick House recently. I love the charm of the home and it's location overlooking the hills south of Ithaca. Sitting on their front porch with the views,breeze and recommended wine (by Maryrose) is a sublime way to end the day. The chickens add to the charm and entertainment when they are roaming the front garden by the porch. I enjoyed the breakfast of fresh fruit,yogurt and quiche as well as choosing my own coffee blend from the Keurig machine. Maryrose is a fun and knowledgeable emissary for this part of the Finger Lakes. She is so enthusiastic about the area! I love the all around comfort of staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank happy2wander29
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Bostwick House for 2 nights this past weekend. We came up to Ithaca to explore the Fingerlakes parks and wineries. The location of this B&B can't be beat! You are in the quiet country, but less than 10 min to downtown Ithaca. This is a small B&B, and you literally feel like you are a welcomed guest in someones home. Mary Rose gave us a warm welcome, and offered tons to do in the area. She is very knowledgeable about the wineries as well, and we loved all the wineries she suggested. The rooms are super clean and comfortable. Breakfasts were great, complete with fresh eggs from their hen house! We would definitely stay here again on our next visit to the area. The perfect place to relax and unwind after a busy day on the wine trail!

• Stayed August 2012
Amherst, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently had the privilege of spending several nights at Bostwick House B& B in Ithaca, NY. I have stayed at many B&Bs and inns, and this one by far surpassed them all.

The house itself was beautifully decorated and charming with wonderful antiques, lots of interesting things to look at including paintings and art work done by the hosts. There are many family mementos which added a sense of home to the atmosphere that is often lost in some more commercial establishments The atmosphere is completely welcoming and warm from the very second you walk in. The rooms were amazing, comfortable, impeccably clean, homey, and the rest of the house takes your breath away... Maryrose and Dave the innkeepers, made me feel one hundred percent at home. My room was spacious and cozy, with a very comfortable bed and the bathroom was lovely and clean.

.I cannot rave enough about the food. Breakfast was DELICIOUS, seriously the best eggs I have ever had in my life. Did I mention that they raise their own chickens so the eggs are organic and fresh daily. The breakfasts were scrumptious replete with fresh healthy food and quite filling. Maryrose and Dave were personable and fascinating. I don't think anyone will be disappointed. Convenient, comfortable and cozy, it was a highlight of my trip.

I was pleased to find that it was only minutes from Cornell University and close enough to the city to be at its center within five minutes and yet it still offers the complete privacy and quiet of the country. The views are stupendous!!

The location could not be better, the host could not be nicer, rooms are big and clean and the breakfast just what was needed. I am definitely going to come back.
I would recommend this establishment as a MUST STAY in your itinerary... This is a place that will steal a piece of your heart... Enjoy your stay as much as I did...

Room Tip: There is a gorgeous private suite on the first floor which includes a bedroom, library/sitting room...