We stayed here as part of a tour group - goodness knows why they decided to pick this hotel. We happened to be there after graduation, so Cornell and Ithaca were much quieter than they probably usually are.The hotel itself is isolated and the outside of it is not inviting. The decor is very old fashioned and really needs updating. The pool is uninviting. Many of the common areas are not clean. The room itself was ok but very basic. It was on the ground floor facing a fairly desolate car park, and the outside grill of the window was broken. The outside windows were dirty and there were handprints on the outside of our window, it was just very creepy. There were no other workers there other than one lady at reception who was friendly. In the morning we saw another man who was cold towards us. The breakfast was terrible. Some weird sandwiches in the fridge, a few yoghurts and a cup of tea. There was no waffle batter for the waffle machine even (not that I normally eat waffles for breakfast but I was hungry!). The dining room was bare and tired. We looked around some of the rooms upstairs - we were told they hold wedding receptions in the ballroom. When we looked there, the ballroom was this huge room but freezing cold because of the unnecessary AC. Not very environmentally friendly. We were very happy to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home and discover gorgeous Ithaca NY and Trip Hotel.Conveniently located near Tompkins Regional Airport, just down the street from Cornell University and within walking distance to Triphammer Market and the Shoppes at Ithaca Mall. Trip Hotel serves as a great home base from which to explore all that Ithaca has to offer.Known as the “Little Apple”, Ithaca is rich with a variety of cultural attractions, events, and restaurants for visitors of all ages.Nearby recreational and entertainment areas include Cayuga Lake, Greek Peak Ski Mountain, Watkins Glen International Raceway, Historic Downtown Ithaca with the Ithaca Commons, Ithaca College, The State Theater, The Hanger Theater, Cayuga Wine Trail, Taughannock Falls, Buttermilk Falls State Park, The Science Center, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Johnson Art Museum, The Museum of the Earth, The Cayuga Nature Center, Rockwell Museum of Art, Corning Glass Center, Mackenzie Childs Studio, Tompkins Cortland Community College, and SUNY Cortland, .With 106 comfortably appointed guest rooms, Trip Hotel offers affordable accommodations with attentive service.At Trip Hotel our guests can enjoy our fitness room featuring PreCor Cardio equipment, our large heated indoor pool, lobby lounge featuring a wide range of local food offerings, our express “build your own breakfast” bar Monday – Friday and complimentary transportation to the airport, Cornell University , Cornell Business Park and The Shoppes at Ithaca Mall.Whether your visit with us is for business or pleasure you can stay productive in one of our business class guestrooms and take advantage of our free wireless high speed internet access and our 24 hour business center with free copy service.All Trip Hotel guest rooms feature plush triple-sheeted pillowtop sleep sets and are equipped with coffee maker, iron with full sized ironing board, hair dryer, refrigerator, high speed wireless internet access, 32” flat panel television and a safe large enough to accommodate a personal computer. Rooms with microwave are available based on availability.With over 7500 square feet of flexible meeting space, Trip Hotel is an excellent venue for hosting many events from a small board meeting and retreats to large conferences and elegant weddings. Trip Hotel’s Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 375 people banquet style. To ensure a seamless business or social function, the hotel’s professional staff will arrange and follow through with every detail of your event from set up and menu selection to decorations and audio visual needs.Come stay with us to discover and explore Ithaca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trip Hotel Ithaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel University Ithaca
- Clarion Hotel University Hotel And Conference Center
- Clarion Ithaca