Trip Hotel Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$163
$149
Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
$125
$118
$167
$135
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$115
$196
$169
$203
$179
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$127
$260
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$144
Courtyard
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in the car, driving to a campsite near Ithaca, it was pouring rain, and we have a 1 year old. Booked this hotel through expedia's service where you find out the name after you've made the booking so it was pretty cheap (was impressed that I could do this same day). This place reminded me of a highway motel that I stayed at as a child in the late 80's. The room was clean enough - except it didn't have a garbage at all (apologies to the cleaning staff for leaving dirty diapers on the bathroom floor). We actually had a suite so we could set up our play pen in the spare room for our son to sleep in (the extra room didn't actually have furniture though).
The pool was clean and warm. The highlight was the continental breakfast - in a room without windows, patterned carpet, vynil benches and disposable plates, cups and cuttlery was a make your own waffle machine - seriously awesome! Would I stay here again? Probably not. Did it add to our family roadtrip adventure - absolutely!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Andrea J
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Been to tons of hotels this year alone, and this one rates as by far the worst. I can't remember a hotel that was worse than this one (except there is one that charges by the hour across from one of the slums in a nearby city). Here's the deal - if you like getting showered on by the bathroom above (according to the front desk, anyway), go ahead and request room 123.

We visited for a wedding for a friend, and when we woke up the morning after the wedding, we woke up to a bathroom that was flooded with this brownish tinted water (I'm assuming it's picking up the rot and rust from whatever is between the floor above and the ceiling). According to the front desk, the person upstairs was showering, and it must've overflowed. OR it could have been that your hotel just leaks, because it ironically started flooding right around the time it started raining out.

Other than getting rained on inside, the hotel gives a really bad vibe when you pull up to it. Located adjacent to a shanty shopping center, a really run down factory building, and a pretty busy highway, the property looks like it's been vacant for 10 years. The potholes in the parking lot could swallow a car, and the paint on the outside of the building is looking like it needs a reason to fall off. The lobby is OK looking, but when you step out into the corridor where the restaurant is, you become overtaken by the strong smell of cigarettes. The pool was kind of scary looking, so I avoided that.

Various wings of the hotel are under construction, and at least one entrance I accidentally stumbled into was completely stripped. Our room was OK (until it rained), but the bathtub was kind of dirty.

I've included a shot of the ceiling dripping - hopefully you find some entertainment (my wife-to-be didn't, considering the amount of make-up she lost in the great flood of Room 123).

There's another review here that suggests possibly sleeping in your car as a better option. I would agree. I drove 5.5 hours each way to get to this place, an extra 8 hours in the car would've been more bearable.

Stay away, or bring a wet suit.

Room Tip: Choose a room at any other hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kmkzx13
Reviewed June 11, 2013

this hotel was easily the worst hotel I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot. first of all, I was fooled by the pictures that showed the pool, probably like fifty years ago. This one stairwell, I thought that there were cigarettes inside the vents or something because it smelled so much of tobacco. The breakfast service was absolutely terrible. The bacon was probably 90% fat and 10% meat. The lobby smelled like mold. Oh, and the parking lot looked like it had been hit by a bunch of meteors fifty million years ago. I am never going to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank puppy60763
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Disgusting. Can't stress enough how bad this place is. It's filthy, run down and the smell of mold, filth and smoke is everywhere. Seriously, stay away from this place. If this is the only place available (as it happened in our case for the 20th year reunion at Cornell) consider not going, use the dorms or even your car). Just avoid this place. Staff was nice and accommodating enough.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank 327h
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The first night the heating didnt work. The temperature outside was around 25. We slept in all our clothes. The breakfast was un-eatable and served on paper plates with plastic knives and forks. There is no food served after breakfast. The outlook from the hotel is on one side on to a set of electrical transformers. The staff did their best but they were fighting a losing battle. All this for $120 per night. Best part was checking out.

• Stayed: March 2013